Remember When (Alan Jackson song)
|Single by Alan Jackson|
|from the album Greatest Hits Volume II|
|Released||October 27, 2003|
|Format||Promo-only CD single|
|Alan Jackson singles chronology|
"Remember When" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Alan Jackson. Released in October 2003 as the second and final single from his compilation album, Greatest Hits Volume II, it spent two weeks at number 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in February 2004 and peaked at number 29 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In "Remember When", Jackson looks back on his life with his wife. He describes their love from their first time together, through raising their children, and describes how he and his wife will "remember when" the children were young after they are grown.
Billboard called the single "the most poignant, well written country song to hit the format in a long time."
"Remember When" debuted at number 45 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of November 8, 2003, and reached number one on the chart. The song was certified Gold by the RIAA on January 31, 2005, and has sold 1,571,000 copies in the United States as of November 2016.
The music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy and was released in January 2004.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||29|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Taylor, Chuck (2003-11-15), "Remember When (Music)". Billboard. 115 (46):23
- "Hot Country Songs". Billboard. November 8, 2003.
- "American single certifications – Alan Jackson – Remember When". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- Bjorke, Matt (November 8, 2016). "Top 30 Digital Singles Sales Report: November 8, 2016". Roughstock.
- "Alan Jackson – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alan Jackson.
- "Alan Jackson – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Alan Jackson.
- "Best of 2004: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2004. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
"There Goes My Life"
by Kenny Chesney
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
February 7-February 14, 2004
by Toby Keith
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|