Reminders icons in iOS and macOS
Overview in the Reminders app in iOS 11
|Operating system||iOS, macOS, and watchOS|
|Part of a series on|
Reminders is a component of iOS, macOS and watchOS that allows users to set notifications for themselves and create lists. It was a new feature in iOS 5 and OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion". It can sync data between iOS and macOS through iCloud.
The Reminders app can have multiple user-created lists of reminders. Reminders appear in the Notification Center 24 hours before the time a reminder is set for. Each reminder has a title and can be marked as completed (checked), and is automatically hidden. Additionally, each reminder can optionally have the following:
- A priority, from "Low" to "High"
- A note about the reminder
- An alarm at a certain date and time. If a time-based alert is set, it can repeat every day, week, two weeks, month, or year.
- An alarm when a geofence around an area is crossed ("when I leave the conference" or "when I get home")
- Cipriani, Jason (September 13, 2011). "How to use the iOS 5 Reminders app". CNet. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Snell, Jason (February 16, 2012). "Mountain Lion: Hands on with Notes and Reminders". MacWorld. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "Reminders App: The Ultimate Guide | iMore". www.imore.com. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- "How to change priority for, move, and add notes to Reminders on iPhone or iPad | iMore". www.imore.com. Retrieved April 8, 2017.