Remington Model 7600
|Remington Model 7600|
|Type||Pump action rifle|
|Place of origin||United States|
|Weight||7.5 lb (3.4 kg)|
|Length||42.6 in (108 cm)|
|Barrel length||22 in (56 cm)|
|Feed system||4-round detachable box magazine
(Model 7615 uses STANAG magazines)
The Remington Model 7600 is a series of pump-action, centerfire rifles made by Remington Arms. The Model 7600 is a progression from the original Model 760 pump-action rifle which Remington produced from 1952 to 1981. Production of the Model Six began in 1981 and was discontinued in 1987. Production of the Sportsman model 76 began in 1985 and was discontinued in 1987. Production of the model 7600 began in 1987 to present..
There are a number of variants of the Model 7600 which Remington has manufactured over the years.
- Model 7600
- Introduced in 1981, the standard version is fitted with a conventional wood walnut stock.
- Model 7600 Synthetic
- Introduced in 1998, the synthetic model is identical to the standard 7600 except that it has a matte black synthetic stock.
- Model 7600 Carbine
- Re-Introduced in 1987, the carbine version is available in .30-06 fitted with a 18.5 in (47 cm) barrel.
- Model 7600 Special Purpose
- Offered from 1993 to 1994, the Special Purpose model featured a non-glare finished walnut stock, a matte black finish and sling swivels.
- Model 7600P Patrol Rifle
- Introduced in 2002, the Model 7600P Patrol Rifle in .308 Win featuring an advanced sight system. Answering the call for a low profile, user-friendly patrol rifle, Remington now offers this durable, pump-action rifle for standard duty use. It features a black synthetic stock with sling studs and Wilson Combat ghost-ring rear sights.
- Model 7615 Police Patrol Rifle
- The Model 7615P comes in .223 Remington caliber, uses standard M16/AR-15 style STANAG magazines and has a 16½" barrel. Just like the Model 7600P, the Model 7615P is designed to be a low-profile, user-friendly firearm for police officers to use alongside the Remington Model 870 shotgun.
- "Model 7600 Pump Action Centerfire Rifle". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Model 7600". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Model 7600 Pump Action Centerfire Rifle .35 Caliber Special Runs". Remington Arms. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Peterson, Philip. Gun Digest Book of Modern Gun Values: The Shooter's Guide to Guns 1900 to Present (16th ed.). p. 394.
- "Model 7600 Synthetic". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7600.htm | Remington Law Enforcement website
- http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm | Remington Law Enforcement website