Remington Model 7600
|Remington Model 7600|
|Place of origin||United States|
|Weight||7.5 lb (3.4 kg)|
|Length||42.6 in (108 cm)|
|Barrel length||22 in (56 cm)|
|Feed system||4-round detachable box magazine
(Model 7615 uses STANAG magazines)
The Remington Model 7600 is a series of pump-action, centerfire rifles made by Remington Arms. The Model 7600 is a progression from the original Model 760 pump-action rifle which Remington produced from 1952 to 1981. Production of the Model 7600 began in 1981.
There are a number of variants of the Model 7600 which Remington has manufactured over the years.
- Model 7600
- Introduced in 1981, the standard version is fitted with a conventional wood walnut stock.
- Model 7600 Synthetic
- Introduced in 1998, the synthetic model is identical to the standard 7600 except that it has a matte black synthetic stock.
- Model 7600 Carbine
- Introduced in 1986, the carbine version is available in .30-06 and .308 Winchester and is fitted with a 18.5 in (47 cm) barrel.
- Model 7600 Special Purpose
- Offered from 1993 to 1994, the Special Purpose model featured a non-glare finished walnut stock, a matte black finish and sling swivels.
- Model 7600P Patrol Rifle
- Introduced in 2002, the Model 7600P Patrol Rifle in .308 Win featuring an advanced sight system. Answering the call for a low profile, user-friendly patrol rifle, Remington now offers this durable, pump-action rifle for standard duty use. It features a black synthetic stock with sling studs and Wilson Combat ghost-ring rear sights.
- Model 7615 Police Patrol Rifle
- The Model 7615P comes in .223 Remington caliber, uses standard M16/AR-15 style STANAG magazines and has a 16 1/2" barrel. Just like the Model 7600P, the Model 7615P is designed to be a low-profile, user-friendly firearm for police officers to use alongside the Remington Model 870 shotgun.
- "Model 7600 Pump Action Centerfire Rifle". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Model 7600". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Model 7600 Pump Action Centerfire Rifle .35 Caliber Special Runs". Remington Arms. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Peterson, Philip. Gun Digest Book of Modern Gun Values: The Shooter's Guide to Guns 1900 to Present (16th ed.). p. 394.
- "Model 7600 Synthetic". Remington Arms. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7600.htm | Remington Law Enforcement website
- http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm | Remington Law Enforcement website