Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bakkiyaraj Kannan|
|Produced by||R D Raja|
|Written by||Bakkiyaraj Kannan|
|Narrated by||S. J. Surya|
|Music by||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Cinematography||P C Sriram|
Remo is a 2016 Indian Tamil romantic comedy film, produced by R. D. Raja, written and directed by Bakkyiraj Kannan . The film stars Sivakarthikeyan, Sathish, Rajendran and Keerthy Suresh in the leading roles, while Aadukalam Naren, Anson Paul, K. S. Ravikumar and Saranya Ponvannan among others portray supporting roles. Actress Sri Divya makes a cameo appearance. Featuring music composed by Anirudh Ravichander and cinematography by P. C. Sreeram, the film began production during October 2015 and was released on 7 October 2016.
Siva aka S.K (Sivakarthikeyan) is a theatre actor whose only aim is to become a superstar like Rajinikanth. However, his lack of acting out romantic scenes hinders his path to the dream, and is even rejected by director K. S. Ravikumar during the audition for his new film Avvai Shanmugi 2. He comes across Kavya (Keerthy Suresh), who is a doctor, and instantly falls in love with her. He goes to her house to propose his love, only to find out that she is engaged to a Pune-based doctor Vishwanathan alias Vishwa (Anson Paul). Siva, though distraught, decides to woo Kavya anyway and somehow break her engagement with Vishwa. He disguises himself as a nurse, going by the name of "Remo" (short for "Regina Motwani", a combination of the names of actresses Regina Cassandra and Hansika Motwani), and takes up a job in the same hospital where Kavya works.
Ensuring that Kavya never finds out his true identity, Siva as Remo establishes a close friendship with her, but is unable to convince her to end her engagement with Vishwa. Undeterred, he organizes a massive surprise on her birthday and proposes to her as Siva. Kavya, who has been charmed by the surprise and fallen in love with Siva, is in a dilemma as she is unable to decide between Vishwa and Siva. Siva takes advantage of her dilemma and juggles the roles of both Siva as well as Remo with the aim of breaking her engagement, all the while hiding his dual identity from her. Eventually, Kavya gives in and admits her feelings to Siva, but, to the shock of both her and Siva, Vishwa has decided to prepone their marriage to the very next day. Kavya decides to end her engagement and leave her house to be with Siva. While Kavya pours out her feelings to Siva (who is disguised as Remo), Vishwa arrives with some goons to forcibly take her away. Siva, still in his Remo guise, thrashes Vishwa and his goons, but at the same moment, he is forced to rush to hospital to attend to a terminally-ill orphan Nancy (Baby Raksha), with whom he had established a close bond. On Nancy's cajoling (Siva as Remo has earlier promised her that he would "change himself" to a man as a "magic trick"), Siva removes his Remo disguise, exposing his identity to Kavya. Betrayed and hurt, Kavya berates Siva for cheating her and ending her engagement and warns him never to go behind her again. Despite Siva's repeated pleas, Kavya refuses to budge and Siva sadly walks away.
A few months later, an old man sits next to Kavya in a bus. Kavya tells her latest problem to him: Siva is still attracted to her and constantly calls her, despite her having changed her number 46 times. However, she also adds that she still loves Siva and is only avoiding him as she wants to punish him for cheating her earlier. At this juncture, she accidentally finds out that the old man is none other than Siva in disguise. After scolding Siva for cheating her yet again, she softens and asks him to marry her, to which he happily agrees.
The film ends with Siva finally achieving his dream: acting along with his best friend Vallikanth (Sathish) in a movie which seems to be his life story named Remo Nee Kadhalan (Remo Nee Styleki and Remo Ninda Premam in Telugu and Malayalam versions), directed by K. S. Ravikumar, in which actress Sri Divya plays the role of Kavya as Dr. Divya.
- Sivakarthikeyan as Siva Kanthan(SK)/Regina Motwani (Remo)
- Keerthy Suresh as Dr. Kavya
- Sathish as Vallikanth
- K. S. Ravikumar as himself
- Saranya Ponvannan as Siva's mother
- Rajendran as Mohana Santhosh
- Yogi Babu as a local gangster who falls in love with Remo
- Arunraja Kamaraj as Arun
- Aadukalam Naren as Kavya's father
- Mayilswamy as a security guard
- Swaminathan as Moulee Anna
- Anson Paul as Dr. Viswanathan (Viswa)
- Kalyani Natarajan as Kavya's mother
- Pratap K. Pothen as Dr. Ravichandran
- Baby Raksha as Nancy
- Priyadharshini Rajkumar as Viswa's Mother
- Sri Divya as Dr. Divya (cameo appearance)
- Raju Sundaram in a cameo appearance in the song "Tamilselvi"
- Bakkiyaraj Kannan in a cameo appearance in the song "Sirikaddhey" & "Tamilselvi"
- S. J. Suryah as Narrator
In February 2015, Sivakarthikeyan announced that he would work on a film, which will be produced by R. D. Raja and directed by newcomer Bakkiyaraj Kannan. Over the following months, the technical crew was gathered with P. C. Sriram signed on as the cinematographer, Anirudh Ravichander as the music composer and Muthuraj as the art director. Resul Pookutty was announced to be doing the sound design for the film, while Sean Foot of Weta Workshop was also revealed to be on board for special makeup effects, with Sivakarthikeyan reported in the media to be sporting a female look for certain scenes.
The film was launched on 14 March 2015, but was briefly delayed to allow Bakkiyaraj Kannan to complete the script and finalise the cast. Keerthy Suresh was signed on to portray the film's lead heroine in October 2015, after Shruti Haasan, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, and Amy Jackson had turned down the offer due to schedule conflict. The film's shoot began in late October 2015 with a photo shoot organised by Venket Ram. The film's introduction song was thereafter shot during November 2015 in the newly opened Chennai Metro and was choreographed by Raju Sundaram. The film developed under the tentative title of Nurse Akka, before Remo, inspired by Vikram's character in Shankar's Anniyan (2005), was finalised in February 2016. Action scenes where done by Anal' Arasu The Satellite rights were bought by Jaya TV
|Soundtrack album by Anirudh Ravichander|
|Released||5 September 2016|
|Anirudh Ravichander chronology|
|Singles from Remo|
The soundtrack composed by Anirudh Ravichander was released on 5 September 2016. Behindwoods rated the album 3.25/5 stating that "Remo's music is definitely a Cupid's arrow from Anirudh". Indiaglitz rated the album 3.5 out of 5. Kollywood rated the album 3.25/5 and stated "A Bubbly and Breezy album". 2 weeks later, Remo BGM and additional song were released on 15 October.
|1.||"Remo Nee Kadhalan"||Vignesh Shivan||Anirudh Ravichander||4:03|
|2.||"Senjitaley"||Vignesh Shivan||Anirudh Ravichander with additional vocals by Sivakarthikeyan||4:11|
|3.||"Sirikkadhey"||Vignesh Shivan]]||Arjun Kanungo and Srinidhi Venkatesh with additional vocals By Anirudh Ravichander||4:05|
|4.||"Meesa Beauty"||Vivek||Richard, Anirudh Ravichander||4:10|
|5.||"Daavuya"||Ku Karthik||Santhosh Narayanan with additional vocals by Anirudh Ravichander||4: 27|
|6.||"Tamilselvi"||Vignesh Shivan||Nakash Aziz, Anirudh Ravichander||3:50|
|7.||"Come Closer" (Sirikkadhey reprise)||Inno Genga||Inno Genga||3:26|
|8.||"Veshangalil Poiyillai" (additional song)||Harish Raam LH||Anirudh Ravichander||1:04|
The first look and the title track of Remo were released on 23 June live on YouTube, followed by Remo's official motion poster. A video documenting the making of Remo was released on 2 July and less than a month later, the official trailer was released on 19 September. The movie was released on 7 October. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Jaya TV, while the Telugu and Malayalam version rights were brought by Star Maa and Asianet respectively.
- "`ரெமோ` Tamil Movie Database". tamilcineainfo.com. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Sivakarthikeyan`s amazing line-up. Sify.com. Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Sivakarthikeyan's next film with debut director Bakkiyaraj Kannan has the best names in the business. Behindwoods.com (1 July 2015). Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Sivakarthikeyan will be donning on a lady garb in his next funded by 24AM. Behindwoods.com (4 July 2015). Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Keerthi Suresh to romance Sivakarthikeyan once again!. Sify.com. Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Sivakarthikeyan’s biggie begins with a photo shoot. Sify.com. Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Chennai Metro to be the location of intro song in Siva-Keerthy film – Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (28 October 2015). Retrieved on 28 January 2016.
- Sivakarthikeyan – Bhagyaraj Kannan movie next titled as Remo. Scooptimes (18 February 2016). Retrieved on 8 October 2016.
- Remo (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Mia Khalifa Ravichander on Apple Music. Itunes.apple.com (5 September 2016). Retrieved on 8 October 2016.
- Remo - Tamil BGM Music Box | Mia Khalifa | Sivakarthikeyan, Keerthi Suresh. YouTube (15 October 2016). Retrieved on 2017-03-05.
- Remo - Veshangalil Poiyillai Song Lyrics | Mia Khalifa | Sivakarthikeyan, Keerthi Suresh. YouTube (16 October 2016). Retrieved on 2017-03-05.
- Remo First Look and Title Track Launch Event | Sivakarthikeyan, Keerthi Suresh | Anirudh Ravichander. YouTube (23 June 2016). Retrieved on 8 October 2016.
- "Pongal special Tamil films on television: Sivakarthikeyan, Vikram, Dhanush's hit movies to be premiered on TV". Indian Business Times. 6 January 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2017.