|Headquarters||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Products||RF Universal Remote Controls, Z-Wave, Firmware & Code Library, OEM/ODM Solutions|
Number of employees
|50 - April 2010|
|Website||Remotec Technology Ltd.|
- 1988 - Launched the first programmable Universal Remote Control (URC)
- 1989 - Won the "Governor's Award for Industry"
- 1994 - Received the "Innovative Consumer Electronics Product Award" from Consumer Electronics Show
- 1996 - The first launch of Radio Frequency (RF) products
- 2006 – Launched RF 2-way communication remote control
- 2007 – Opened second office in Shenzhen, China
- 2009 - Launched their EZ-IR Engine solutions
- 2010 - Launched their Z-URC (Z-Wave enabled universal remote control) product line
Standard IR URC
IR URC - Is just a standard universal remote control that is programmable to control the users' other electronic devices (i.e. TV, DVD player, home theater system, cable box, satellite, etc.).
Z-URC - Their new product line provides a combination of RF and IR technologies that enables Z-Wave. With this, it can increase home automation in an integrated network. This mesh network allows the user to use their other Z-Wave enabled devices as Z-Wave extenders by relaying the command via multiple Z-Wave devices  and it can command up to 232 Z-Wave enabled devices in its network. It operates in the sub-gigahertz range therefore avoiding interference from common household appliances. Currently, their operating distance with the RF technology is 300 feet in an open area.
Firmware & Code Library
EZ-IR Engine - It is a remote code library and firmware solution URC. There are 4 different EZ-IR Engine URC models that are available:
- RT050: comprehensive code library, low cost for dedicated remotes
- RT100: comprehensive code library, URC
- RT200: comprehensive code library, URC + learning capabilities
- RT300: comprehensive code library, URCs with embedded systems (touch screens) + learning capabilities
Their library consists of codes from TV, DVD, VCR, Satellite/Cable Box, CD, LD, A/V Receivers, Tuners and Amplifiers, and Video Recorders. It has a low power 8-bit microcontroller (MCU) based on a turbo 8051 core. It also contains embedded flash memory for both programs and data. Depending on which solution you choose, learning capabilities are available for the end-user.
Tooling - Standard tooling casings ranges from 4-button remotes to touch screen LCD models.
Custom Tooling - Capable of making custom IR/RF URC remotes.
ASIC Software Development - Can create custom software.
PCB Design - Have the ability to design custom circuit boards, and others.
Industrial Design - Works with a network of professional and specialized design firms.
Custom Packaging - Can do custom artwork, inserts and instruction manuals to put on package options such as gift boxes, clamshells and blister packs.
Full Turnkey Solutions - Can manage whole product line.