|Born||1986/1987 (age 30–31)
Remy Hii is an Australian actor. He attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art for three years and appeared in various theatre productions, before being cast in his first television roles. Hii starred as Van Tuong Nguyen in the four-part miniseries Better Man and was cast as Hudson Walsh in the soap opera Neighbours in 2013. He played the role of Prince Jingim in the Netflix original series Marco Polo.
Hii was born to a Chinese-Malaysian father and an English mother. He attended the Queensland University of Technology. His early theatre work was with The Emerge Project an arm of Switchboard Arts. There he performed in a number of original productions in Brisbane by local playwrights between 2005 and 2007. From 2009 to 2011 he attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney where he graduated in 2011. During his time at NIDA he played in the Sydney indie-rock group Rapids alongside fellow actors Angus McLaren and Jamie Timony.
Hii's professional theatre debut was with the Queensland Theatre Company's production of The Estimator in 2007 after he was noticed by its playwright David Brown performing in a play reading with The Emerge Project. He was later cast in guest roles in the television series East of Everything and H2O: Just Add Water. In 2011, Hii appeared as Tom in the short film Kiss. Hii appeared in the lead role of Van Tuong Nguyen in SBS's four-part miniseries Better Man, which began airing from 25 July 2013. The series is based on a true story. The role led to Hii receiving a nomination for Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama at the 2014 AACTA Awards and the Most Outstanding Newcomer accolade the 2014 Logie Awards.
On 12 June 2013, Hii joined the cast of Neighbours as Hudson Walsh. Hudson was introduced as a love interest for established character Chris Pappas (James Mason). On 20 June, Hii told Daniel Kilkelly from Digital Spy that he had been asked back to continue filming the following month. After leaving Neighbours, Hii was cast as Prince Jingim in the Netflix drama Marco Polo. He will be portraying Alistair Cheng in the movie Crazy Rich Asians based of the novel of the same name by Kevin Kwan.
|2009||East of Everything||Guest|
|2009||H2O: Just Add Water||Bass Guitarist|
|2013||Better Man||Van Tuong Nguyen||Logie Award for Most Outstanding Newcomer
Nominated – AACTA Award for Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama
|2013–2014||Neighbours||Hudson Walsh||Recurring – 57 episodes|
|2014–2016||Marco Polo||Prince Jingim||Series regular – 21 episodes|
|TBA||Crazy Rich Asians||Alistair Cheng|
|TBA||Knights of the Zodiac||Dragon Shiryu||Theatrical film|
- Knox, David (23 July 2013). "Raw emotion the key for Remy Hii". TV Tonight. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- Devlyn, Darren (24 July 2013). "Remy Hii delivers performance of the year in SBS miniseries Better Man". news.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (21 June 2013). "'Neighbours' newcomer Remy Hii talks Hudson role, Chris plot". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- TV Week. 20 April 2014. Missing or empty
- "Cast & Crew". Azure Productions. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Better Man". Special Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Knox, David (4 December 2013). "AACTA Awards 2014: nominations". TV Tonight. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Cooper, Amy (20 April 2014). "All hail supermum Emilia Clarke". The Age. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (12 June 2013). "'Neighbours': Remy Hii to play new love interest for Chris Pappas". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (8 April 2014). "Netflix's 'Marco Polo' Sets Its Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Instagram post by Kevin Kwan • Apr 28, 2017 at 2:57am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-04-28.