Renaissance Capital (Russian company)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Finance and Investment Banking|
|Anthony Simone, Acting CEO|
Renaissance Capital is an investment banking firm from Russia. It is a top-ranked investment bank for M&A, equity and debt capital markets, as well as securities sales and trading. Renaissance Capital is owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov.
Renaissance Capital has offices in Moscow, Lagos, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Dubai, London, New York City, Kiev, Hong Kong, Cairo, Beijing, Donetsk and Istanbul. Renaissance Capital also maintains offices in Nicosia.
Renaissance Capital has been part of Mikhail Prokhorov's ONEXIM Group since 2012 when it took full control of the company, ONEXIM Group is one of Russia’s largest private investment funds, with a focus on mining industry, innovative projects in energy and nanotechnology, real estate and other industries.
On September 22, 2008, ONEXIM Group purchased a 50% (minus one share) stake in Renaissance Capital for $500 million (US) dollars following the issuance of new equity. Renaissance Group held 50% plus one share of the voting rights at Renaissance Capital. Renaissance Group's holdings in Renaissance Investment Management, Renaissance Partners, and Renaissance Credit remained unchanged.
In July 2010, Renaissance Capital paid 207 million rand ($27 million) to acquire Barnard Jacobs Mellet Securities Ltd., the South African stock brokerage.
In November 2012, ONEXIM Group acquired further stakes in Renaissance Capital which resulted a full ownership of the investment banking division of Renaissance Capital and indirect ownership of 89% the consumer finance bank, Renaissance Credit.
- Rotimi Oyekanmi, Chairman, Renmoney Microfinance Bank
- Patrick Mweheire, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
- Peju Adebajo, Commissioner for Agriculture, Ogun State
- Yvonne Ike, CEO - Sub Saharan Africa excl SA, Bank of America Merill Lynch
- Babajide Adebiyi, Partner - Financial Services Practice, Talentstone Africa
- Adesoji Solanke, Banking Research Analyst - Africa
Each year, Renaissance Capital holds their annual investment conference in Moscow and invites keynote speakers from world leaders in various fields of expertise. In 2008, Tony Blair, the former UK Prime Minister and Henry Kissinger were keynote speakers. In 2010, Bill Clinton was paid $500k to speak. In 2011, Michael Bear, former Lord Mayor of London, was a speaker as was Mohamed ElBaradei, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005.
- Bloomberg - Renaissance Capital Hires Bill Clinton for Moscow
- "Renaissance Capital global offices". // rencap.com.
- "About ONEXIM". // rencap.com.
- "Ownership changes in Renaissance Capital". // rencap.com.
- "Renaissance Capital completes acquisition of Barnard Jacobs Mellet Securities". // rencap.com.
- "Onexim Group and Renaissance Group agree a series of transactions". // rencap.com.