Renaissance of the Daleks
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Renaissance of the Daleks|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||from a story by Christopher H Bidmead|
|Directed by||John Ainsworth|
|Release date||March 2007|
The Doctor leaves Nyssa on Earth, not knowing that she's in Rhodes during the Crusades, then ends up in the American Civil War. The Doctor meets General Tillington, an American general that has been spying on the TARDIS with actinoids. The Doctor finds out that The Dalek Invasion of Earth hasn't happened and a new Dalek invasion is coming very soon. The Doctor must try to put history right, but how can he convince General Tillington? The Doctor heads to the TARDIS. With the help of Tillington's nephew Wilton, can he save Nyssa and her friends Mulberry and Floyd from getting blown up? And can he escape the deadly "Toy Daleks"?
- The Doctor — Peter Davison
- Nyssa — Sarah Sutton
- General Tillington — William Hope
- Sergeant — Stewart Alexander
- Wilton — Jon Weinberg
- Mulberry — Nicholas Deal
- Floyd — Richie Campbell
- Alice — Regina Reagan
- Dalek Voices — Nicholas Briggs
- The pocket interocitor used by Nyssa in this story is later given to Lucie Miller and used in her final stories Lucie Miller and To the Death.
- Christopher H. Bidmead felt that changes made during the script-editing process were significant enough that he could not claim to be the story's sole writer. Hence, the "from a story by" credit.