From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transverse section, showing the relations of the capsule of the kidney. (Labeled as "adipose capsule".)
|Latin||Capsula fibrosa renis|
The renal capsule relates to the other layers in the following order (moving from innermost to outermost):
- renal medulla
- renal cortex
- renal capsule
- perinephric fat (or "perirenal fat")
- renal fascia
- paranephric fat (or "pararenal fat")
- peritoneum (anteriorly), and transversalis fascia (posteriorly).
The perinephric fat may be regarded as a part of the renal capsule, called the adipose capsule of kidney.
- Anatomy image: urogen/dissectkidney2 at Human Anatomy Lecture (Biology 129), Pennsylvania State University
- figures/chapter_29/29-5.HTM — Basic Human Anatomy at Dartmouth Medical School
|This article related to the genitourinary system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|