Renault Duster Oroch
|Renault Duster Oroch|
2016 Renault Duster Oroch
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact pickup truck|
|Body style||4-door double cab|
|Engine||1.6 L 16-valve (gasoline)|
1.6 L 16-valve (gasoline/ethanol)
2.0 L 16-valve (gasoline)
2.0 L 16-valve (gasoline/ethanol)
|Wheelbase||2,829 mm (111.4 in)|
|Length||4,700 mm (185.0 in)|
|Width||1,822 mm (71.7 in)|
|Height||1,694 mm (66.7 in)|
The Renault Duster Oroch is a double cab pickup truck produced by the French manufacturer Renault for the South American market since September 2015. It has four doors, space for five passengers, a 650 kg (1,433 lb) load capacity and a 683 litres (150 imp gal; 180 US gal) rear volume.
It is based on the Dacia Duster SUV, with a wheelbase extended by 155 millimetres (6.1 in) and a total length extended to 4.70 metres (15.4 ft). This is the first Renault-badged pick-up and it creates a new size class for pickup trucks in terms of size, space and doors.
The Renault Duster Oroch was designed by the Technocentre Renault in France and by the Renault Design América Latina studio in São Paulo, Brazil.
The concept car Renault Duster Oroch was presented at the 2014 São Paulo Motor Show. The Renault Duster Oroch was released officially at the 2015 Buenos Aires Motor Show and has been on sale since September 2015 in South America.
The bed size is reportedly 1.175 metres (3 ft 10 in) wide and 1.350 metres (4 ft 5 in) long, and has a capacity of 683 litres (24.1 cu ft).
It is powered by either the 1.6 litre or the 2.0 litre petrol engine, mated to 5-speed or 6-speed gearbox respectively. A version with an automatic gearbox was released in 2016.
- "Renault lança a Duster Oroch, primeira picape, a partir de R$ 62.290" (in Portuguese). Renault. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- "Nova Renault Duster Oroch" (PDF) (in Portuguese). Renault. 6 October 2015. p. 18. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Inovadora Renault Duster Oroch une espaço e robustez do Duster com a versatilidade de uma picape" (in Portuguese). Renault. 2015-11-28. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "(translation) With the Oroch, Renault has created a new category of pickup and now have to face competition from all sides" (in Portuguese). Quatro rodas. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
(translation) The Renault Duster Oroch wins the comparison test, because it is the pick-up with the best versatility. Most comfortable of the three, it wins also on performance and consumption compared to the S10 and also on the internal space compared to Strada.
- "Renault Duster Oroch Pickup Truck Released In Brazil". Car scoops. September 29, 2015. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
The Duster Oroch inaugurates a new pickup truck segment in Brazil
- "Duster Oroch ganha prêmio 'Picape do Ano 2016' da revista Autoesporte" (in Portuguese). Cross Brasil. 2015-11-05. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Renault Duster Oroch eleita Melhor Picape no prêmio 10Best 2016" (in Portuguese). Cross Brasil. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Duster Oroch é eleita a melhor picape do ano no prêmio CAR Awards 2016" (in Portuguese). Cross Brasil. 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renault Duster Oroch.|