|Begins||October 2, 2019|
|Ends||October 5, 2019|
|Venue||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Organised by||BRCA (Board for Recreational & Creative Activities), IIT Delhi|
Rendezvous, famously known as RDV is the annual Cultural Festival of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. It is a four-day-long event held in October every year. It is considered to be Asia's Largest College Cultural Festival after Mood Indigo which is the largest College Cultural Festival in Asia. In the 2019 version, Rendezvous hosted 280+ events and had a footfall of over 163,000, 15,000+ participants and 200+ artists from more than 25 countries.
Pro-nites have brought out artists from different cultures together. It has been the main star attraction of the festival with performing artists ranging from the famous Indian musical trio, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy to the famous American Rock Band, Hoobastank, having performed here. Dhoom, in the past has staged popular performances like Javed Akhtar, Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Medonsa, Javed Ali in 2015, Falak Shabir and Arjit Singh in 2014, Farhan Akhtar, Hoobastank in 2013, Coke Studio@MTV (Papon, Shilpa Rao and Advaita Band) in 2012; Rabbi Shergill, Rohit Deshmukh, Kailash Kher, Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan, Mohit Chauhan, KK in 2010. The Pro-Show Spectrum has maintained the legacy of hosting star casts of popular Bollywood movies like Chakravyuh (Arjun Rampal, Abhay Deol, Manoj Bajpai, Esha Gupta) in 2012, Band Baaja Baaraat (Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh) and Break Ke Baad (Deepika Padukone, Imran Khan) in 2010. Blitzkrieg has staged several international headliner bands like Cypher16 in 2012, Textures in 2010, Malefice in 2009, and Mindsnare in 2008; and Indian Rock Bands like Parikrama, Thermal and a Quarter, Prestorika, Decibel, Faridkot and Vayu.
Apart from competitions, some of the Indian top bands are also invited to perform. 2016 witnessed the presence of the Junkyard Groove and Spud in the Box. These have been judged by prominent judges like Shiamak Davar (Choreography Competition 2012) and Shahnaz Husain(Fashion Show 2015).
These events are held throughout the four days of the festival. Informal stage has seen the presence of Bollywood personalities including Anushka Sharma, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone and Piyush Mishra.
The commencement of the "RDV’s Got talent" has given students a platform to showcase their skills.
- "IIT Delhi's Annual Fest Rendezvous Celebrates 40 Years -". rollingstoneindia.com. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Big buck fests: Hoobastank at IIT Delhi". hindustantimes.com/. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Javed Akhtar at IIT Delhi Rendezvous 2016 | ATKT.in". ATKT.in. 19 October 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "What IIT D's Rendezvous have in store this year - University Express". University Express. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Rendezvous 2016_cultural fest of IIT Delhi October 2016-IIT Delhi-Delhi-Delhi-21-October-2016-24-Oct-2016". Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Rendezvous 2013 | Farhan Akhtar, Jasleen Royal, Bandish Band in IIT Delhi". wetleafphotography.blogspot.in. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "IIT fest to get bigger". hindustantimes.com/. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Delhi's Most Awaited Fest Is Here! Get Ready For IIT-Delhi's Rendezvous!". www.postpickle.com/. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Rendezvous'14 - IIT Delhi's Cultural Fest is Back!". OnlyGizmos. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "IITians tech to filmi glamour Think IITs are the land of geeks? Then what's Bollywood doing here?". Times of India.
- "Rockers at IIT! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Blitzkrieg at Delhi - Events High". Events High. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "The Times Group". epaperbeta.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "RDV, IIT Delhi- Join and Have a blast". The Fine Arts Society, SRCC. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2017.