|Occupation||EIC of iMore|
|Known for||Author, Blogger, Podcaster|
Rene Ritchie (born 31 July 1972) is a Canadian blogger and editor in chief of iMore. Ritchie is also the Executive Producer of Mobile Nations Broadcasting. Ritchie is known for his podcasts including Debug, Iterate, Vector, ZEN & TECH, Review, The TV Show, and as co-host of MacBreak Weekly on the TWiT Network.
Ritchie studied art in college before dropping out to pursue a career in web design and marketing. He began his association with computers at the age of 6 with an Apple II Plus, and first began working on the internet in 1998 as a moderator on CompuServe. In 2010 Ritchie left a job in Enterprise software product marketing to work full-time for Mobile Nations, an online content and merchandise provider.
In April 2008, Ritchie began writing for Phone Different, the iPhone channel of the Smartphone Experts Network. In 2009 he took over as managing editor of the site, which changed its name to The iPhone blog and then TiPb. In December 2011, the site rebranded again, to iMore and the network to Mobile Nations. Ritchie became EIC and Executive Producer, respectively. Ritchie has appeared on CNN International, MarketPlace, CBC News, and ABC15.
Ritchie is a frequent podcaster, hosting and co-hosting internet technology shows. He launched the iPhone Live podcast on November 12, 2008, which later changed its name to the iMore show. It had over 400 episodes as of July 2014. Ritchie hosts Vector, a tech news and analysis show, and co-hosts Debug, a show for developers; Iterate, a show for designers; ZEN & TECH, a show on connected lifestyles, Review, a show on movies and entertainment, and The TV Show. On October 16 of 2013, Ritchie joined the TWiT Network’s MacBreak Weekly as a regular co-host.
Ritchie has authored/co-authored 5 books including;
- Complete Wing Chun (Charles E. Tuttle, 1998)
- Yuen Kay-San Wing Chun (Unique Publications, 1999)
- Legends of Wing Chun (Remnant Hunter, 2005)
- iPod touch Made Simple (Apress, 2011)
- iPhone 4S Made Simple (Apress, 2011)
- "Apple bloggers in Canada have solid prediction record". CBC Canada. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Reuters blows it. Apple PR springs into action". Fortune.com. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Top 100 influential tech people on Twitter". Business Insider. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Top 15 Apple analysts and writers". Business Insider. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Best Tech People to Follow on Twitter". Business Insider. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "The future of Apple: will it be doom or boom?". TechRadar. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "The Currency Of Confidence, with Rene Ritchie". 5by5 TV. Archived from the original on 26 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Rene Ritchie is the editor-in-chief of iMore.com". Twit.tv. Retrieved 19 July 2014.