The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Darrell Van Citters|
|Darrell Van Citters|
Renegade Animation is an animation studio located in Glendale, California which currently specializes in Macromedia Flash/Toon Boom animation. It was founded by Disney and Warner Bros. animator and director Darrell Van Citters and his business partner Ashley Postelwaite in July 1992 in Burbank, California. Renegade previously produced Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi for Cartoon Network and The Mr. Men Show for Chorion, and is currently working on The Tom and Jerry Show for Warner Bros. Animation.
Renegade Animation initially produced several commercials and animated short films, beginning with the second "Hare Jordan" spot for Nike, which featured Bugs Bunny as his own alter-ego and Michael Jordan as Air Jordan, as well as numerous spots for Cheetos, Kellogg's Honey Smacks, and Kellogg's Rice Krispies. In the mid-'90s, they moved into internet cartoons, and produced Will Ryan's "Elmo Aardvark: Outer Space Detective".
They have since branched out into television, and are perhaps most well known as the producers of cartoon series Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, The Mr. Men Show and The Tom and Jerry Show, a series featuring Tom and Jerry. They also co-produced the live-action/Traditionally-animated telefilm Re-Animated with Appleday Pictures. Renegade also produced the 2007 direct-to-video Christmas film Christmas Is Here Again based on a story by Robert Zappia, which has since aired in syndication and on Hulu. The company animated the intro of the original Ben 10 series for Cartoon Network.
|Title||Release date||Production company(s)|
|Tomcats (main titles)||March 30, 2001||Revolution Studios|
|Re-Animated||December 8, 2006||Appleday Pictures|
|Christmas Is Here Again||October 7, 2008||Easy to Dream Productions|
|Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (animation)||October 23, 2009||Relativity Media|
|Chop Kick Panda||May 19, 2011||Gaiam|
|Puss in Boots: A Furry Tale||October 11, 2011|
|Tappy Toes||November 1, 2011|
|Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers||October 7, 2014||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Aliens in the Family||1996||main titles||The Jim Henson Company|
|Baby Blues||2000||main titles||Warner Bros. Television|
|The Looney Tunes Show||2001||main titles, bumpers and credits||Cartoon Network|
|Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi||2004–2006|
|Ben 10||2005–2008||main titles|
|Random! Cartoons||2006–2007||"Mind the Kitty", "The Infinite Goliath", "Bradwurst", "Sugarfoot", "Sparkles and Gloom"||Nickelodeon|
|Slacker Cats||2007||animation||ABC Family|
|The Mr. Men Show||2008–2009||Chorion|
|Mad||2010–2013||additional animation||Warner Bros. Television|
|The Tom and Jerry Show||2014–present|
- Gargoyles (animation; 1995)
- Spider-Man Cartoon Maker (1995)
- X-Men Cartoon Maker (1996)
- Someone's in the Kitchen! (1996)
- 101 Dalmatians: Escape from DeVil Manor (animation; 1997)
- Captain Sturdy: "Back in Action!" (Cartoon Network pilot; 2001)
- Captain Sturdy: "The Originals" (Adult Swim pilot; 2003)
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (unaired pilot) (2003)
- A Dairy Tale (animation) (2004)
- Stitch's Great Escape! (animation) (2004)
- Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years (animation) (2005)
- Funny Face (short series) (2009)
- Book of Dragons (2D animation) (2011)
- ABCmouse.com (various digital shorts)
- Hardboiled Eggheads (Amazon pilot; 2014)
- DC Super Hero Girls (webseries) (2015-present)
- Kraft Foods Inc.
- General Mills
- Atari Jaguar
- Campbell Soup Company
- Apple Inc.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Dow Chemical Company
- Carl's Jr.
- Taco Bell
- California Prune Board
- Cartoon Network
- Vlasic Pickles
- Village Pantry
- "Renegade Animation Completes "Christmas is Here Again"". Digital Publisher Magazine. Digital Media Online. 2006-09-28. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10.
- Edwards, C. (8 January 2014). "The Ultimate Guide to Animated Mockbusters". CartoonBrew. Cartoon Brew, LCC. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Beck, Jerry (26 March 2012). ""Happy Feet" knock-off: "Tappy Toes"". Cartoon Brew. Cartoon Brew, LCC. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|