|Social Venture Capital|
|Founder||Joel Solomon, Carol Newell, and Paul Richardson|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Renewal2 Investment Fund is a Canadian social venture capital fund that invests in early stage environmental and social mission companies in Canada and the United States. The fund focuses on companies in the following sectors: Organic & Natural Food, Green Consumer Products, Green Building Products, Environmental Innovation, Social Finance, and Social Media.
The fund was founded in 2009 by Joel Solomon, Carol Newell, and Paul Richardson.
Currently, Renewal2 has ten companies in its portfolio: Alter Eco, Aquatic Informatics, Better Energy Systems, Elevation Brands, Miovision, Playback, Rustic Crust, Sensible Organics, Seventh Generation, and SPUD.
Renewal2 made its first successful exit in 2011, with the sale of shares from Horizon Distributors.
- "Announcing First Close of Renewal2 Investment Fund". renewalpartners.com. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- Graeme Worthy (2011-02-24). "Portfolio | Renewal2". Renewal2.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- PR Newswire (2012-09-12). "Alter Eco, Inc. Announces Completion Of $2 Million Series A Financing". TheStreet. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "'Little' Aquatic Informatics wins software contract to monitor America's waterways". biv.com. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "Renewal2 Renewal2 Investment Fund". trendhunter.com. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "Framingham company promotes 'food that matters' - Milford, MA". The Milford Daily News. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Investeco, Renewal2 and Miovision Technologies Partner to Minimize the Environmental Footprint of Traffic". miovision.com. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "Rustic Crust Old World Crusts and Flatbread Pizzas". Rusticcrust.com. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Renewal2 Completes the Acquisition of Sensibility Soaps" (PDF). Renewal2.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Renewal2 Announces Its Seventh Portfolio Company: Small Potatoes Urban Delivery". csrwire.com. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "Renewal2 Announces Its First Exit from Portfolio Company Horizon Distributors". csrwire.com. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|