Renewed Presbyterian Church in Brazil
A movement of Pentecostal nature brought tensions in the Presbyterian Church of Brazil as well as the Independent Presbyterian Church of Brazil.[when?] These Pentecostal segments united and created the Renewed Presbyterian Church in Brazil. It has grown rapidly, and now has congregations in almost every state of Brazil, as well as two seminaries.
In 1968 a group from the PCB formed the Christian Presbyterian Church. The Independent Presbyterian Church had a Pentecostal segment too and they created the Renewed Independent Presbyterian Church. The Christian Presbyterian Church was founded and concentrated in Central Brazil, the leader of this group was Pastor Jonathan dos Santos Ferreira. The Renewed Independent Presbyterian church elected Rev. Palmiro Francisco de Andrade as President. These two streams united on January 8, 1975 in Maringa, PR and formed the current denominations. The new church progressed rapidly. The highest membership rate is in Paraná and São Paulo. The Renewed Presbyterian Church was born with more than 8,300 members and 84 parishes and 94 congregations, served by 59 pastors and 89 evangelists.
According to the 2011 statistics the church has 132,000 members and 474 congregations and 50 presbyteries. In the end of 2012 the denomination had 139,009 members in 778 congregations and 694 preaching points and more than 803 pastors. The number of presbyteries are 53. It has Presbyterian church government with elders and deacons forms the session, the presbyteries and the highest governing body the General assembly.
- "A IPRB e os 500 anos de João Calvino - Artigo". Iprb.org.br. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- "reformiert online". Reformiert-online.net. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "História da IPRB". Iprb.org.br. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150614052415/http://www.ipb.org.br/application/Index/history. Archived from the original on June 14, 2015. Retrieved February 26, 2013. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "Estatística - 2012 - Geral". Iprb.org.br. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Sistema administrativo da IPRB". Iprb.com. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Igrejas Pentecostais no Brasil - Artigo". Iprb.org. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Seminários - Inicial". Iprb.org. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
|This Christianity-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to religion in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|