|• City Head/Mayor||Igor Plegov|
|• Total||393 km2 (152 sq mi)|
|• Density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 4840|
Reni (Ukrainian: Рені; Romanian: Reni; Russian: Рени) is a small city in Odessa Oblast (province) of south Ukraine. It is located in the Bessarabian historic district of Budjak. Reni lies on the left bank of the Danube. The settlement was founded around 1548, acquiring city status in 1821. Population: 18,011 (2021 est.)
There are six schools, one filial branch of the Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, and three Ukrainian Orthodox church buildings. It is also home to the 'Light of the World' church, which has been working to help the local community for the past 21 years, led by Ockert Potgieter and his wife Michelle.
- Alexander Deutsch, Soviet astronomer
- Pavel Ciobanu, Moldovan soccer player
- Dmitry Zaets Reni's painter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reni (city).|
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 11 July 2021.
- 2001 All Ukrainian population census results for Odessa Region Archived 2009-07-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Ukraine: Odessa District Rises up Against Mobilization Call-up papers burned and Ukrainian patrols blocked in the district of Reni