||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Santoni in 1973.
April 21, 1939 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
Reni Santoni (born April 21, 1939) is an American film, television and voice actor.
Life and career
Santoni was born in New York City of French and Spanish descent, and began his career in off-Broadway theatre. His first significant film role was an uncredited appearance in the 1964 film The Pawnbroker (starring Rod Steiger), in which he played a junkie trying to sell a radio to the title character (using anti-Semitic slurs to no effect).
Santoni's first leading role was as the young actor in Carl Reiner's Enter Laughing. Other film roles included Inspector "Chico" González in 1971's Dirty Harry, prison official Ramon Herrera in the 1983 drama Bad Boys and detective Tony Gonzales in the 1986 action film Cobra. He also made guest appearances on television shows such as Barnaby Jones, Lou Grant, Hawaii Five-O, Hardcastle and McCormick, Hill Street Blues, The Odd Couple and Midnight Caller. In 1973, Santoni played a junior partner on Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law.
Santoni continues to work in film and television. Notable roles include Poppie (the unhygienic restaurateur in Seinfeld) and Captain Carlos Rodríguez in Carl Reiner's comedy film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
- Strangers in the City (1962) - Scrounge
- The Pawnbroker (1964) - Junkie Selling Radio (uncredited)
- Enter Laughing (1967) - David Kolowitz
- A Great Big Thing (1968) - Vinny Shea
- Anzio (1968) - Pvt. Movie
- Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969) - Max
- The Student Nurses (1970) - Victor Charlie
- Dirty Harry (1971) - Chico
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (1977) - Hobbs
- They Went That-A-Way & That-A-Way (1978) - Billy Joe
- Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982) - Carlos Rodriguez
- Bad Boys (1983) - Ramon Herrera
- Brewster's Millions (1985) - Vin Rapelito
- Radioactive Dreams (1985) - 'Red' Hairstylist / Adult Harold (voice)
- Summer Rental (1985) - Announcer
- Cobra (1986) - Gonzales
- The Pick-up Artist (1987) - Man in Train Station
- Bright Lights, Big City (1988) - Additional Voices (voice)
- The Package (1989) - Chicago Police Lieutenant
- Cat Chaser (1989) - Narrator (voice, uncredited)
- Men Don't Tell (1992) - Rueben the Bartender
- Groundhog Day (1993) - State Trooper (voice, uncredited)
- The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) - Police Officer (uncredited)
- The Late Shift (1996) - John Agoglia
- Private Parts (1997) - Vallesecca
- Can't Hardly Wait (1998) - Cop
- Dr. Dolittle (1998) - Rat #1 (voice)
- 28 Days (2000) - Daniel
- Dr. Dolittle 2 (2001) - Rat #2 (voice)
- Kingpin (2003) (mini series) - General Valdez
- Gang Warz (2004) - Father Luis
- Double Tap (2006)
- Irene in Time (2009) - Sam