Renwick, New Zealand
A country road and vineyard in Renwick
Renwick is a small town in Marlborough, New Zealand, close to the south bank of the Wairau River. It is located on State Highway 6, 12 kilometres (7 mi) west of Blenheim. Havelock is 31 km (19 mi) north. State Highway 63 runs southwest from Renwick through the Wairau River valley.
Renwick is located in the centre of Marlborough's grape growing region. Sauvignon blanc is the variety usually associated with the area, and famous wineries such as Isabel Estate and Forrest Estate are in close proximity. Pinot Gris (Grey Pinot) is also exported.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. map 60. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. map 138. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Quickstats about Renwick
- A. D. McIntosh, ed. (1940). Marlborough – A Provincial History. p. 339.
- Marlborough Historical Society (2005). Click – A Captured Moment – Marlborough's Early Heritage. p. 68. ISBN 0-473-10475-X.
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Renwick School
- "New Zealand Provinces". Nelson Examiner and New Zealand Chronicle. 4 May 1861. p. 3.
- A. D. McIntosh, pp 339–340. The school claims to have been established in 1862.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Renwick.|