||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Leader of the No Euro Movement|
September 12, 1958 |
Renzo Rabellino (born in Turin on September 12, 1958) is the leader of the No Euro Movement, a political party in Italy that advocates the return of the Italian lira for the Italian currency and government control of the central bank.
Elected in 1990 in the regional council of Piedmon with the Northern League, he left the party in 1993 to found the League for Piedmont (Lega per il Piemonte). In 1994 the party changed its name into Piemont Nation (Piemonte Nazione).
Renzo Rabellino is known for being the inventor of many "owl lists" (liste civetta), namely phony parties with names and symbols similar to the bigger parties and with candidates homonymous of the most famous politicians.
In the 2009 provincial elections, Renzo Rabellino, who was a joint-candidate of several small parties, won 3.5% of the vote and he was elected to the Provincial Council of Turin with the Piedmont Padanian League.
- "Gruppo Lega Padana Piemont - Provincia di Torino - Sito ufficiale". Renzorabellino.it. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Piemonte: 18 liste per la Camera e 17 per il Senato". La Stampa (in Italian). 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-10-05. (Google translation here )
- CONSIGLIO REGIONALE DEL PIEMONTE
- Sistema Rabellino: candidati fantocci rimborsi e ribaltoni
- Il mago delle liste taroccate che fa firmare anche i morti
- Il mio partito? Una vera patacca
- Biografia di Renzo Rabellino
- Firme false alle Regionali Condannato Enzo Rabellino