|누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)|
|EP by Shinee|
|Released||May 22, 2008(South Korea)|
|Recorded||April - May 2008|
|Producer||Lee Soo Man|
|Singles from Replay|
"Replay" (Korean: 누난 너무 예뻐; lit: Noona (Older Girl) Is So Pretty) is the debut EP of South Korean boy group Shinee, released on May 22, 2008 from their label company, S.M. Entertainment. Their debut song, "누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)" was created by music composer Yoo Young-jin with a contemporary, sophisticated R&B feel and rhythm. The EP consists of five tracks and debuted at #10 on the MIAK charts (Music Industry Association of Korea) and peaked at #8. The lead single, "Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)", turned into a hit, especially with the adult female demographic because of its line about "Nuna (older sister), you’re so pretty". Rino Nakasone worked on the choreography for the title song. The Korean music video included f(x)'s Victoria as the female lead, while the song's Japanese music video featured YoonA of Girls' Generation.
Background and release
On May 22, 2008 Shinee released their first EP under S.M. Entertainment which includes five tracks including a remix version of their title song. The eponymous title track was choreographed by Rino Nakasone, a Japanese dancer and choreographer. The Korean music video includes f(x)'s Victoria as the female lead. The Japanese music video, which was released in 2011, featured YoonA of Girls' Generation.
After the release the title song gained huge success especially with the older female demographic. The EP debuted at #10 on the Korean music charts MIAK, which compiled sales figures for music releases until 2008 and peaked at #8, selling 17,957 copies in the first half of 2008. Also Shinee's fashion style which is created by designer Ha Sang-beg (하상백) and features high-top sneakers, skinny jeans, and colorful sweaters gained a lot attention. Their style created a fashion trend amongst students which the media dubbed the "Shinee Trend". Following the success of their debut Shinee were chosen as endorsers for several brands, such as the cosmetic brand Nana's B and the sports brand Reebok.
On June 22, 2011, Shinee debuted in Japan and released the Japanese version of "Replay", selling more than 91,000 copies in the first week. It was subsequently certified Gold by RIAJ for selling over 100,000 copies. As of 2011 it was also the most sales a Korean idol group has had for their debut in their first week of sales.
Shinee were introduced as a contemporary R&B boy group and debuted with a mini-album which includes a variety of genres mixed to create a total of five diverse R&B songs, including "In My Room". Composer Yoo Young-jin and Kenzie, some of the best and most famous forerunners of the Korean industry have participated on the composition for the album to create a "sophisticated sound with a wide range of vocals".
Credits adapted from the official homepage.
|1.||"Replay" (누난 너무 예뻐; Nunan Neomu Yeppeo) (lit: Noona, You're So Pretty)||Young H. Kim (Xperimental Production)||Jason Pennock, Tchaka Diallo, Jack Kugell||03:35|
|2.||"In My Room"||Young H. Kim (Xperimental Production)||Kater D, Kim Tae Sung (Xperimental Production)||04:47|
|3.||"Real"||Kim Jung Bae||Kenzie||03:33|
|4.||"Love Should Go On" (사.계.한; Sa.Gye.Han)||Lee Yun Jae||Lee Yun Jae||03:08|
|5.||"Replay" (누난 너무 예뻐; Nuna Neomu Yeppeo) (Boom Track)||Young H. Kim (Xperimental Production)||Jason Pennock, Tchaka Diallo, Jack Kugell||04:28|
- "Shinee Open to New Opportunities". The Korea Times. Han, Sang-hee. November 10, 2008. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- Kim, Myung-shin (May 21, 2008). "'미소년 밴드' 샤이니, '누나' 열풍으로 가요계 흔들흔들~!". HanKyung. Archived from the original on July 26, 2016. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "The Japanese Woman Behind K-Pop Bands' Moves". Chosun. September 5, 2009. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016.
- "f(x) 리더 빅토리아 공개! 중국에서도 폭발적 관심". Chosun. August 30, 2009. Archived from the original on July 26, 2016.
- "샤이니, 내일 日데뷔 뮤직비디오 공개". Chosun. May 26, 2011. Archived from the original on July 26, 2016.
- Kwaak Je-yup (2012-05-01). "SHINee keep changing for fans". koreatimes.co.kr.
- "May 2008 Album Sales" (in Korean). Music Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on August 5, 2008. Retrieved March 8, 2009.
- Han, Sang-hee (February 23, 2010). "Korea Launches First Official Music Charts Gaon". The Korea Times. The Korea Times. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- "June 2008 Album Sales" (in Korean). Music Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on July 18, 2008. Retrieved March 8, 2009.
- "2008 First Half-year Sales" (in Korean). Music Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on August 5, 2008. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- "Ha Sang Beak, SHINee's designer". Newsen (in Korean). May 20, 2008. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- Jakob Dorof (July 2, 2015). "SHINee: The princes of the K-pop scene". Dazed. Archived from the original on July 4, 2015. Retrieved July 4, 2015.
- Han, Sang-hee (November 10, 2008). "SHINee Open to New Opportunities". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on December 22, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2008.
- 인터넷뉴스팀 (2008-11-24). "LG생활건강, 아이돌 밴드 '샤이니' 영입...10대 화장품 나나스비 모델 전속계약" (in Korean). 아시아투데이. Archived from the original on December 15, 2013.
- 뉴스엔 엔터테인먼트부 (2009-01-05). 샤이니 리복 새얼굴로 활동, 전속모델발탁 (in Korean). 뉴스엔. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- "SHINee、韓国グループのデビュー作歴代最高9.1万枚" (in Japanese). Oricon Style. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Japanese single certifications – Shinee – Replay -君は僕のeverything-" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Select 2011年6月 on the drop-down menu
- 샤이니, 韓그룹 일본 데뷔 싱글 사상 최고 판매량 기록! (in Korean). November 4, 2012. Archived from the original on July 4, 2015. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- Kim Hyeong Woo (May 19, 2008). "SM's new 5-member group - SHINee". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved May 21, 2008.
- Kim, Kyung-min (May 21, 2008). "샤이니, 데뷔앨범 '누난 너무 예뻐' 23일 발매 [SHINee's Debut Album to be released May 23rd]" (in Korean). Now News Seoul. Archived from the original on July 26, 2016. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Shinee's Official Homepage". SM Entertainment. May 22, 2008. Retrieved July 23, 2010.