(Redirected from Representation (disambiguation))
|Look up representation or represent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Representation can refer to:
- Representation (politics), one's ability to influence the political process
- Legal representation or advocacy is provided by lawyers
- Lobbying for a group of individuals or companies
- In unionised workplaces, shop stewards and union executives can represent employees
- The legal status of a statement made with regards to contract law, with consequences for misrepresentation
- A fiction of the law which causes a person to enter into another's right of succession, called 'representation,' and also called 'substitution'.
- Representation (arts), the depiction and ethical concerns of construction in visual arts and literature.
- Depiction is a form of non-verbal representation in which two-dimensional images (pictures) are regarded as viable substitutes for things seen, remembered or imagined.
- Social representation, a stock of values, ideas, beliefs, and practices that are shared among the members of groups and communities
- Representation (journal), an academic journal
- Representation theory (linguistics), a theoretical framework in generative linguistics
- Data Visualization
- Representation (chemistry)
- Representation (psychology), a hypothetical 'internal' cognitive symbol that represents external reality
- Representation (systemics)
- Group representation, describes abstract groups in terms of linear transformations of vector spaces
- Knowledge representation, the study of formal ways to describe knowledge
- Multiple representations (mathematics education)
- Representation (mathematics), a very general relationship that expresses similarities between objects
- Representations of Lie groups
- Representations of Lie algebras.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Representation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.