Reprise Theatre Company
The Reprise Theatre Company was a theater company founded by Marcia Seligson in 1997, in Los Angeles, California. Reprise Theatre Company was the resident company at the Freud Playhouse and Wadsworth, staging revival productions.
Marcia Seligson served as Founder and Producing Artistic Director from 1997 - 2006. From 1998 - 2001 Ronn Goswick served as the Managing Director. He left in 2002 when she was joined by Producing Director, Jim Gardia, who stayed with the company in that role until 2008, with a brief stint as Producing Artistic Director during the 2006-07 Season. Danny Feldman took on the role of Managing Director in 2006 and served in that position until he left in 2010. Jason Alexander became Artistic Director of the company in 2007. He was joined by Susan Dietz in the role of Producing Director in 2008 until she left in 2010.
Gilles Chiasson joined the company as Producing Director in 2010. Christine Bernardi Weil assumed the role of Managing Director that same year, both partnering with Jason Alexander to run the company.
After years of well-received performances, the company was forced to cancel several productions in 2011 due to budgetary concerns. In February 2012, the Board announced a production hiatus, citing dwindling ticket sales. In June 2013, a letter to subscribers announced they were ceasing operations due to what the Los Angeles Times reported was difficulty obtaining "sustained funding".
- An Evening With Liz Callaway
- A Party With Marty
- An Evening with Sutton Foster
- Betty Buckley in Broadway By Request
- Barry Manilow In Concert
- Barbara Cook In Concert
- Ray Romano Live
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- Two by Two
Richard Rodgers Celebration
- Soul of Rodgers
- Rodgers & Asia
- South Pacific Film Screening
- Rodgers & Hart & Hammerstein
- A Grand Night For Dancing
- Nothin' Like A Dame
- The Sweetest Sounds
- Ben Vereen: Up Close & Musical
- An Evening With Kristin Chenoweth
- Brian Stokes Mitchell Sings Broadway
- Broadway Under The Stars
Awards and nominations
|2011 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards||Cabaret||2||2||Won McCulloh Award for Revival and Lead Performance|
|2011 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards||‘’Kiss Me, Kate’’||2||2||Won for Music Direction and Costume Design|
|2011 Ovation Awards||‘’Kiss Me, Kate’’||14||2||Won for Best Production of a Musical (Large Theater) and Lead Actress in a Musical|
|2011 Ovation Awards||‘’They’re Playing Our Song’’||1||0|
|2011 Ovation Awards||‘’Gigi’’||1||0|
|2011 Ovation Awards||‘’Best Season”||1||0|
|2010 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards||‘’A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum’’||1||1||Won for Music Direction|
|2010 Ovation Awards||‘’How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’’||1||1||Won for Lead Actor in a Musical|
|2010 Ovation Awards||‘’Carousel’’||6||1||Won for Choreography|
|2010 Ovation Awards||‘’Best Season”||1||0|
|2007 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards||‘’On Your Toes’’||2||2||Won for Music Direction and Choreography|
|2007 Ovation Awards||‘’On Your Toes’’||4||0|
|2007 Ovation Awards||‘’No Strings’’||1||0|
|2007 Ovation Awards||‘’Sunday in the Park with George’’||1||0|
- Center Theatre Group of Los Angeles
- Ng, David (17 February 2012). "Reprise Theatre Company goes on hiatus, cites financial hardship". Los Angeles Times – Culture Monster. Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Our Story". Reprise Theatre Company. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Staff writer (17 February 2012). "Lack of Funds Stymies Reprise Theatre Company's The Apple Tree This Spring". BroadwayWorld.com. Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Ng, David (9 July 2013). "Funding issues led to Reprise Theatre Company's failure to relaunch". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Reprise Theatre Company". 2012-05-04. Archived from the original on May 4, 2012. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- Foote, Norma; Kent, Sean; Pierce, Brooke, eds. (2009). Arts America: Enjoying the Best Art Museums, Theater, Classical Music, Opera, Jazz, Dance, Film, and Summer Festivals in America. Paradise, Nevada: Huntington Press. p. 178. ISBN 978-1-935396-35-2.