Republican Party of India (A)
Dr. Rajeev Menon
|Lok Sabha leader||n/a|
|Founded||25 May 1999|
|Split from||Republican Party of India|
|Headquarters||34, Insa Hutement, Azad Maidan, C.S.T., Mumbai, Maharashtra, India-400 001|
|Women's wing||Rakhi Sawant|
|Alliance||National Democratic Alliance|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
0 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
1 / 245
Ramdas Athavale was member of Maharashtra Legislative Council form 1990 to 1995 and position of Cabinet Minister for Employment Guarantee Scheme and Prohibition Propaganda, Social Welfare and Transport in the Government of Maharashtra. Later, he represented the Pandharpur constituency of Lok Sabha in Maharashtra from 1999 to 2004. He also represented Mumbai North Central in 12th Lok Sabha during 1998-99.
All factions of the RPI except Prakash Ambedkar's Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangha have reunited to form a united Republican Party of India. RPI (Athavale) also merged in this united Republican Party of India (United).
Sawant resigned from Rashtriya Aam Party and joined Republican Party of India (A)] party in June 2014 and expressed her desire to work for dalits. Rakhi serves as party's state vice-president and president of woman wing.
In September 2015, the RP(A) was one of 16 parties in Maharashtra to lose its registration for not submitting audited balance sheets and IT return documents since 2005. Thus they have lost their official election symbols.
Ramdas Athavale is only member in Member of Parliament in Upper House. He is currently Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Department with Disability Affairs from July 2016 in Narendra Modi ministry.
- Ramdas Athavale, founder & Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Department with Disability Affairs
- Dayal Bahadure, National secretary
- Dr.Rajeev Menon , National Secretary
- Uttam Khobragade, National President
- Ashok Gaikwad, Dalit leader from Satara
- Pappu Kalani, Politician from Ulhasnagar
- Rakhi Sawant, President of Women's wing
- "The two Ambedkarite parties, the Republican Party of India led by Ramdas Athawale and the Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh led by Prakash Ambedkar".
- "Who are Modi's 26 allies in the NDA?". 5 May 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Rakhi Sawant wants to join RPI". ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA, GENERAL ELECTION TO LOK SABHA TRENDS & RESULT 2014. 21 June 2014.
- "Rakhi Sawant joins RPI". 28 June 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Rakhi Sawant express her desire to join RPI. News.webindia123.com (21 June 2014). Retrieved on 2016-11-28.
- "16 political parties lose election symbols in the absence of balance sheets". 29 September 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Uttam Khobragade, leader of Ambedkar's Republican Party of India, however, said despite Ambedkar's opposition to Hinduism competition among parties to claim his legacy was a positive development for Dalits.".
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|