Republicans for Immigration Reform
Promoted in early 2012 by former US Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez, its advocates hope it will help repair the political damage left by years of anti-illegal-immigrant rhetoric that has dominated GOP primaries and alienated crucial Hispanic voters. Another important supporter is Charles Spies, a member of the PAC Restore Our Future. Gutierrez believes that "the far right of this party has taken the party to a place that it doesn't belong".
The Tea Party would suggest that it is the moderate and far-left of the Republican Party is who has taken the party to a place it doesn't belong and are proud to be the far-right, supporting reasonable immigration policies.
- "Republicans Create Super-PAC to Push for Immigration Change". Newsmax. 16 Nov 2012.
- Peter Wallsten (17 Nov 2012). "New super PAC hopes to give cover to pro-immigration Republicans". Washington Post.
- Dana Davidsen (2012-11-17). "Romney's Hispanic chairman to create new immigration reform super PAC". CNN Politics.
- Republicans for Immigration Reform on Facebook
- "Analysis: 5 Politicians Who Could Make Immigration Reform a Reality". ABC News. 8 Nov 2012.
- "Why The GOP Should Embrace Immigration Reform". ABC News. 8 Nov 2012.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|