Reqwireless WebViewer is a Web browser for Java ME MIDP devices. WebViewer supports HTML along with GIF and JPEG images, providing users of mobile Java devices with access to the real Web. WebViewer is not a WAP browser. WebViewer is just 48K as a JAR file and is built upon ReqwirelessWeb, a class library for fetching and rendering HTML. WebViewer supports the following features:
- HTML, including forms and image maps
- GIF, JPEG, PNG, and BMP images
- HTTP, FTP, and gopher resources
- HTTP cookies
- HTTP Basic authentication
- HTTPS (if supported by the device)
- Web cache
- "Google turning Canada into mobile software mecca". The Register. 2006-01-10. Retrieved 2007-04-04.
- Google acquires Reqwireless
- Archived site: "Welcome to Reqwireless, Inc". 2005-10-29. Archived from the original on 2005-06-18. Retrieved 2020-01-29.