Rescue coordination centre
A rescue co-ordination centre (RCC) is a primary search and rescue facility in a country that is staffed by supervisory personnel and equipped for co-ordinating and controlling search and rescue operations.
RCCs are responsible for a geographic area, known as a "search and rescue region of responsibility" (SRR). SRRs are designated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). RCCs are operated unilaterally by personnel of a single military service (e.g. an air force, or a navy) or a single civilian service (e.g. a national police force, or a coast guard).
A Joint Rescue Co-ordination Centre or JRCC is a special type of RCC that is operated by personnel from multiple military services, civilian services, or a combination of military and/or civilian services.
A Maritime Rescue Sub-Centre or MRSC is a special type of RCC dedicated exclusively to organising search and rescue in a maritime environment. An MRSC usually is subservient to an RCC and is used to take the workload for a particular geographic area within the SRR.
- United States - United States Coast Guard and United States Air Force are partners in Joint Rescue Co-ordination Centres under the National Search and Rescue Plan.
- Canada - Canadian Coast Guard and Canadian Forces Search and Rescue (Royal Canadian Air Force and Royal Canadian Navy) are partners in Joint Rescue Co-ordination Centres; CCG operates Maritime Rescue Sub-Centres to offload work from JRCC
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre of Southern Norway, Sola, Norway
- Joint Rescue Center Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Joint Rescue Coordination Center Den Helder, Den Helder, The Netherlands.
- Joint Rescue Coordination Center Honolulu
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority's Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, Canberra
- Auckland Marine Rescue Centre, Aukland, New Zealand
- Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre
- Air Force Rescue Coordination Center (United States)
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Victoria, Victoria, Canada
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Halifax. Halifax, Canada
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Trenton. Astra, Canada
- Marine Rescue Coordination Center Chile
- "Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms" (pdf). U.S. Department of Defense. Retrieved 26 March 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "National Search And Rescue Committee". U.S. Coast Guard Office of Search and Rescue. U.S. Coast Guard. Retrieved 26 March 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)