Research Centre Imarat
Field of research
|Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme|
|Director||BHVS Narayana Murthy|
Research Centre Imarat (RCI) is a premiere DRDO laboratory located in Hyderabad. The lab is responsible for Research and Development of Missile Systems, Guided Weapons and advanced Avionics for Indian Armed Forces. It was established by APJ Abdul Kalam in 1988. Scientist and avionics specialist BHVS Narayana Murthy is presently the Director RCI Laboratory.
The Research Centre Imarat is a global frontrunner in developing avionics and navigation systems for missiles. RCI is the leading laboratory which has successfully spearheaded the Indo-Israel joint development Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) programme and had hat-trick success in its first three consecutive missions.
- Bureau, Our (14 September 2016). "Narayana Murthy named Director of RCI, DRDO".
- John Pike. "Research Center Imarat (RCI) Hyderabad - India Special Weapons Facilities". globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "RCI is Kalam's Brainchild, Say Scientists in Hyderabad". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- India, Press Trust of (14 September 2016). "BHVS Narayana Murthy appointed RCI Director" – via Business Standard.
- "BHVS Narayana Murthy appointed RCI Director".
- "World class in avionics".
- "India's air defence system achieves a hat-trick - The Economic Times".
- Somasekhar, M (30 June 2016). "India test-fires surface-to-air missile".
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|