Reserve Township, Parke County, Indiana
Location in Parke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.44 sq mi (65.9 km2)|
|• Land||25.1 sq mi (65 km2)|
|• Water||0.33 sq mi (0.9 km2) 1.30%|
|Elevation||623 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||56.7/sq mi (21.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47832, 47862, 47872, 47952|
|GNIS feature ID||453787|
Reserve Township was so named on account of its territory once being part of an Indian reservation.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.44 square miles (65.9 km2), of which 25.1 square miles (65 km2) (or 98.66%) is land and 0.33 square miles (0.85 km2) (or 1.30%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Montezuma (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Melcher at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Causey, Oakland and Warner.
- Southwest Parke Community School Corporation
- State House District 42
- State Senate District 38
- "Reserve Township, Parke County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana. B.F. Bowen & Cos. 1913. p. 201.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Reserve Township
|Vermillion Township, Vermillion County||Penn Township|
|Helt Township, Vermillion County||Wabash Township||Adams Township|