2 November 1977 |
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
|Residence||New York City, United States|
|Alma mater||James Madison University|
|Spouse(s)||Deep Katdare (m. 2011)|
Shetty was born on 2 November 1977 born to Hindu Indian parents in Manchester, England and was raised in both England and Richmond, Virginia in the United States. She originally studied pre-med at James Madison University, but success in vocal competitions prompted her to switch majors and graduate with a B.A. in opera performance. Shetty received her Master of Music in performance from the University of Kentucky before moving on to the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, where she earned her artist diploma in opera in 2005.
Shetty was the female lead in a touring company of the musical Bombay Dreams in 2006. Shetty also acted in the off-Broadway play Rafta Rafta. Shetty was a cast member on the American television program Royal Pains (airing on USA Network) portraying a physician assistant (PA) named Divya Katdare.
Reshma Shetty is also the face of Dove moisturizer bar in India.
Shetty currently resides in New York City where they shot parts of Royal Pains. Shetty is married to Deep Katdare who starred with her in the Broadway production, Bombay Dreams. She married him on March 19, 2011. She gave birth to daughter, Ariya Eliana, in October 2015.
|2007||30 Rock||Party Attendant||Episode: "Secrets and Lies"|
|2009–2016||Royal Pains||Divya Katdare||Main cast|
|2011||The Wendy Williams Show||Herself|
|2011||Fashion in Television||Herself|
|2011||Delivering the Goods||Sarah|
|2012||CSI Miami||Jane Caldicott||Season 10, Episode 15|
|2015||Odd Mom Out||Rima||Episode: "Omakase"|
- "Reshma Shetty's Bollywood musical adventure".
- Souri, Ranjit (November 9, 2009). "Desis On Cable: Reshma Shetty and Danny Pudi". India Currents. Retrieved December 25, 2009.
- "Royal Pains". USA Network.
- Royal Pains Q&A: Reshma Shetty
- Interview with Reshma Shetty in Buzzine Magazine
- "Reshma Shetty Welcomes Daughter Ariya Eliana – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". PEOPLE.com.