ReShonda Tate Billingsley
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ReShonda Tate Billingsley is an award-winning and national best-selling author and journalist. She has authored over 35 books and was involved in three anthologies. She writes both adult and teen fiction, as well as nonfiction. Several of her books have been optioned for movies, including her sophomore novel, Let the Church Say Amen, which was directed by actress Regina King. Billingsley has also been a television reporter/anchor for NBC affiliate KFOR in Oklahoma City and Fox affiliate KRIV in Houston, Texas. A former reporter for The National Enquirer, she is also the co-founder of BrownGirlsPublishing.com, a boutique publishing company. A highly sought-after motivational speaker, she also appeared in the stage play Marriage Material by Je'Caryous Johnson and makes a small appearance in "Let the Church Say Amen." She is also a graduate of the University of Texas and is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority and Jack and Jill of America.
- What's Done in the Dark (July 2014)
- The Motherhood Diaries 2 (May 2014)
- A Family Affair (July 2013)
- The Motherhood Diaries (May 2013)
- The Secret She Kept (July 2012)
- Say Amen, Again (July 2011)
- A Good Man is Hard to Find (March 2011)
- Drama Queens (Nov. 2010)
- Holy Rollers (July 2010)
- Caught up in the Drama (April 2010)
- The Devil is a Lie (July 2009)
- "Friends 'Til the End" (Feb. 2009)
- Fairweather Friends (Sept 2008)
- Getting Even (April 2008)
- Can I Get a Witness? (March 2008)
- The Pastor's Wife(Nov. 2007)
- Everybody Say Amen (Jul. 2007)
- With Friends Like These (Apr. 2007)
- Blessings in Disguise (Feb. 2007)
- Nothing But Drama (Nov. 2006)
- I Know I've Been Changed (Feb. 2006)
- Help! I've Turned Into My Mother (2005)
- Let the Church Say Amen (2004)
- My Brother's Keeper (2001)
- Four Degrees of Heat (anthology) Excerpt: "Rebound"
- Have a Little Faith (anthology) Excerpt: "Faith Will Overcome"
- Rumor Central
- Get Ready For War
- African American Literary Award for Best Christian Fiction for Fortune & Fame (2014) with Victoria Christopher Murray
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literature 2012
- African American Literary Award for Best Teen Fiction for Drama Queens (2011)
- Inductee into the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame (2010)
- Rolling Out Magazine′s Top 25 Women of Houston (2009)
- Five-time winner of the National Association of Black Journalists "Spirit in the Words"
- Let the Church Say Amen named one of Library Journal's Best Books 2004 in Christian Fiction
- Essence best-selling author
- 2006 Texas Executive Woman on the Move
- Black Writers Alliance Gold Pen Award for best new author (2002)
- Mama's Boy named one of Library Journal's Best Books 2015 in African American Fiction
ReShonda Tate Billingsley has three children with her husband, Dr. Miron Billingsley.
- Bracht, Mel. "3 anchors expecting big news." The Daily Oklahoman 2 Apr. 2000, CITY, TV: 17. NewsBank. Web. 27 Dec. 2016.
- WILLIAMS, HELAINE. "Stars over Arkansas - VIP reception, induction adds six notable names to the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame." Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock, AR) 24 Oct. 2010, High Profile: 44. NewsBank. Web. 27 Dec. 2016.
- Hoffert, Barbara, et al. "Best books 2004." Library Journal 1 Jan. 2005: 54+. Popular Magazines. Web. 13 July 2016.
- DiGirolomo, Kate, et al. "Best books 2015." Library Journal 1 Dec. 2015: 30+. Popular Magazines. Web. 13 July 2016.