This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shield Logo of the YBNP
|Predecessor||Young British National Party|
|British National Party|
In 2002, the Young BNP chairman Mark Collett chose the Odal rune as the logo for his organisation, then described as the "Young BNP", which Channel 4's Young, Nazi and Proud noted was used by the Nazis and sections of the Schutzstaffel (SS). In 2010, it was renamed "BNP Crusaders" and aimed at the slightly older demographic of 18–30 years of age. In 2011, it changed its name to "Resistance". The group falls under the arm of the British Nationalist Youth Movement with other groups such as BNP Students. The YBNP claimed to be a civil rights movement and student pressure group for indigenous British students from sixth form onwards.
Student BNP was part of the British Nationalist Youth Movement along with YBNP. In 2010, Student BNP closed down and BNP Crusaders was formed in replacement.
- Until 2002: Mark Collett
- 2003 – 2004: Tony Wentworth
- 2004 – 2005: Jenny Griffin
- 2006 – 2007: Danny Lake
- 2008 – 2010: Mike Howson
- 2010 – 2011: Kieren Trent
- 2011 – 2014: Kevin Layzell
- 2014 - 2015: Jack Andrew Renshaw
- Young, Nazi and Proud. Channel 4 Dispatches. Series 41. First broadcast in 2002.
- Septicisle (15 July 2010). "The BNP Crusaders are here!". Liberal Conspiracy.
- "» Blog Archive » What we are". Youth.bnp.org.uk. Retrieved 5 September 2015.[dead link]
- Polly Curtis, "BNP candidate fails in student election", The Guardian, 26 March 2004