The resistance band is used to increase range of motion and movement such as increasing jumping high. The band works by making the body work harder on the areas where the bands are attached and by making more tears for the body to repair and build muscle.
The basic terminologies include:
- Aerobic exercise – Exercise that uses an aerobic energy system and as such uses oxygen for energy.
- Anaerobic exercise – Exercise that uses an anaerobic metabolism system which uses other means instead of oxygen for energy.
- Form – A set way to perform the exercise to maximize gains and to avoid injury.
- Rep – Short for repetition, a cycle of exercise in which you use form.
- Set – Is a group of reps in a given set of time.
- Testosterone – A chemical that plays a huge role in a person mass, muscle gain and sexual life.
The training varies between men and woman. Men naturally have a higher testosterone, which means they have a greater ability to gain muscle, whereas woman have lower amounts of this chemical, so they normally gain a more lean and firm physique, and men will gain a bulkier, bigger look.
There are many types, such as:
- Cardio – Helps with the heart and the cardiovascular system (which is blood and veins).
- Endurance – Your stamina and how long you can run or exercise before getting tired out. Anything from walking to mountain climbing can help build your endurance.
- Strength – How much you can lift and how much you can carry based on your muscles and health.
- Balance – The ability to stand and to stay of your feet, decreases with age and can lead to severe injury.
- Flexibility – The range of motion one can move and stretch can affect whether or not a movement or exercise can injure you.
Sex differences in mass gains
Due to differences in chemicals such as testosterone, males gain more muscle and mass from exercise then females. That doesn’t mean they cannot be as huge and strong as males, but it will require more work and may or may not request the female to take supplements for testosterone. A man will get bulkier and bigger with muscle gain; females usually end up getting smaller muscles, but their muscles become much more toned, fit and defined.