|Purpose||Improve outcomes for people on low and modest incomes.|
In June 2015 the former Conservative MP David Willetts took over as executive chairman. At the same time, Torsten Bell, a former senior advisor to Ed Miliband, was appointed as the organisation's director to lead what the Foundation described as "an expanded programme of work". As of November 2019[update], Willetts is president of the Foundation's Advisory Council and Intergenerational Centre, and Bell is chief executive.
Prior to the appointment of Willetts and Bell, the organisation was led by a chief executive: Sue Regan from 2005 to 2010; Gavin Kelly from 2010 to 2015. Kelly then became the CEO of the Resolution Trust, which is the think tank's primary funder.
The Foundation has hosted a number of major reviews. The 'Commission on Living Standards', chaired by Clive Cowdery, ran from 2011 to 2012. The 'Resolution Foundation Review of the Future of the National Minimum Wage' in 2013 and 2014 was chaired by Sir George Bain, and set out proposals to strengthen the minimum wage. This report was referenced by Chancellor George Osborne when the National Living Wage was announced in 2015. The 'Intergenerational Commission' ran from 2016 to 2018, chaired by David Willetts. This was succeeded by the 'Intergenerational Centre', which was established "as a home for analysis and policy thinking on living standards through a generational lens".
In 2018, a 'Macroeconomic Policy Unit' was established, "with the aim of contributing to a more inclusive and better informed macroeconomic policy debate".
The Resolution Foundation produces some recurring research publications. These include annual 'Low Pay Britain' reports, an annual 'Living Standards Audit', an annual 'Living Standards Outlook', and a quarterly 'Earnings Outlook'.
In the year ending 30 September 2014, its annual income was £1,135,828. The bulk of its funding comes from the Resolution Trust established by Clive Cowdery. It has been awarded an A rating for transparency by the Who Funds You? project.
- "Resolution Foundation Annual Report" (PDF). Annual Reports. 2018-06-18. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2019-06-14. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "About us: Our mission". Resolution Foundation. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "About us: David Willetts". Resolution Foundation. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Fraser, Douglas (5 February 2016). "Tax rise plan 'could reduce cuts impact by a third'". BBC News. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Grice, Andrew (4 September 2015). "Ed Miliband's former head of policy appointed director of living standards think tank". The Independent. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "Our team". Resolution Foundation. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- More than a minimum: The review of the minimum wage – Final report
- "Resolution Foundation". Who Funds You?. Who Funds You?. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|