Respect the Power of Love
|"Respect the Power of Love"|
|Single by Namie Amuro|
|from the album Genius 2000|
|Released||March 17, 1999|
|Namie Amuro singles chronology|
"Respect the Power of Love" is Namie Amuro's 12th single on the Avex Trax label. Her second single to be released after her hiatus. The single was released on the same day that Amuro's mother was murdered. Amuro cancelled promotion for this single and flew to Okinawa to identify her mother's body.
Respect the Power of Love was used in Kose Visee commercial featuring Namie herself.
The single opened at #2 with 200,610 copies sold in its first week, it sold about 500,000 units and charted for 10 weeks. It was the 43rd best-selling single of 1999. The single was certified platinum by the RIAJ for 400,000 copies shipped to stores.
- "Respect the Power of Love - Straight Run" – 4:21
- "Respect the Power of Love - NYC Uptown remix" – 4:01
- "Respect the Power of Love - Instrumental" – 4:17
- Namie Amuro – vocals
- Producer – Tetsuya Komuro
- Additionally Production – Rob Arbittier & Gary Adante
- Mixing – Eddie Delena
- Remixing – Roland Clark
- March 12, 1999 – Music Station
- March 15, 1999 – Hey! Hey! Hey!
- March 23, 1999 – Utaban
- March 27, 1999 – Pop Jam
- March 29, 1999 – Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Awards III
- April 02, 1999 – Music Station Special
- December 27, 1999 – SMAPxSMAP
- December 31, 1999 – 50th Kōhaku Uta Gassen
- Screencaps of Namie's KOSE CMs TW Lovena, a Taiwanese fansite about Namie Amuro, (CM ~CF~ section)
- Respect the Power of Love trajectory Jpopmusic forum (The Oricon resource and archives thread)
- 1999 TOP 100: SINGLES
- "GOLD ALBUM 他認定作品 1999年3月度" [Gold Albums, and other certified works. March 1999 Edition] (PDF). The Record (Bulletin) (in Japanese). Chūō, Tokyo: Recording Industry Association of Japan. 474: 9. May 10, 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 22, 2014. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|