Alex was a French restaurant located in Las Vegas, Nevada that held two Michelin stars. It is the namesake restaurant of celebrity chef Alessandro Stratta, Iron Chef USA and winner of the James Beard Foundation Award for "Best Chef Southwest" in 1998. The restaurant was well known for Stratta's unique approach and attention to molecular gastronomy. The restaurant was considered one of the finest in the United States. It closed indefinitely on January 15, 2011. The food was French with an Italian influence and was offered as prix fixe, or fixed price, menu only.
Awards and honors
- 5 stars, 2006-2010 Mobil Travel Guide
- 5 diamonds, 2006-2010 AAA Restaurant Ratings
- 2 stars, 2007, 2008, and 2009 Michelin Guide
- Mancini, Al. "Down to Earth: Alex Stratta takes everything seriously except himself". 944 Life. Retrieved 2007-11-12. External link in
- "Mobil Travel Guide: 2007 Five-Star Hotel and Restaurant Award Winners". Archived from the original on 21 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-12.
- Robinson, Jennifer; Heidi Knapp Rinella (2007-11-10). "A LITTLE MORE SHINE: LV scores nine winners of AAA's Five Diamond Awards". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on 14 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-12. External link in
- Feldberg, Sarah (6 January 2011). "Chef Alex Stratta’s Alex at the Wynn to close its doors Jan. 15". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 27 July 2011.