Restaurant to Another World
|Restaurant to Another World|
The first light novel volume cover.
|Written by||Junpei Inuzuka|
|Published by||Shōsetsuka ni Narō (Self-published)|
|Original run||January 4, 2013 – present|
|Written by||Junpei Inuzuka|
|Illustrated by||Katsumi Enami|
|Original run||February 28, 2015 – present|
|Illustrated by||Takaaki Kugatsu|
|Published by||Square Enix|
|English publisher||Crunchyroll (digital)|
|Original run||November 18, 2016 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Masato Jinbo|
|Written by||Masato Jinbo|
|Original network||TV Tokyo, AT-X, BS Japan|
|Original run||July 3, 2017 – September 18, 2017|
Restaurant to Another World (異世界食堂 Isekai Shokudō) is a Japanese light novel series written by Junpei Inuzuka, with illustrations by Katsumi Enami. Shufunotomo released four volumes of the series. An anime television series adaptation by Silver Link aired from July 3 to September 18, 2017.
The Western Restaurant Nekoya (洋食のねこや Yōshoku no Nekoya) is a restaurant situated in a mundane corner of an undisclosed Tokyo shopping district which, despite its name, offers a lot of Japanese dishes in addition to Western ones. It opens during usual business hours though closed during holidays and weekends. But secretly it is also open on Saturdays, as on this particular day it creates doorways to another world inhabited by elves, dragons, animal men and other fantastic creatures, who enter the restaurant and partake of its exotic food, with many of them becoming regular patrons.
- Master (店主 Tenshu, lit. "Owner")
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe (Japanese); Christopher R. Sabat (English)
- The owner of the Western Restaurant Nekoya. A single man in his middle age, he is the grandchild of a couple who opened the restaurant, and inherited it when his grandfather died 10 years ago. An outstanding culinary master, he enjoys cooking for the eclectic group of patrons that visit every Saturday, as they deeply enjoy his cooking. Resulting from the mingling of so many diverse beings within one space, the restaurant has become a neutral region, since none of the guests — whatever their personal differences — want to miss out on the Master's cooking.
- Aletta (アレッタ Aretta)
- Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka (Japanese); Jill Harris (English)
- A demon girl hailing from the Demon Kingdom on the other world's Eastern Continent. When the Demon God was vanquished by the legendary Four Heroes, the power he had once bestowed upon his demonic subjects waned, and as a result Aletta was born no different from humans except for the goat horns on her head. Rejected by the human world and ending up a vagrant, she discovered the Nekoya's interdimensional entrance and began working every Saturday as a waitress. She later finds additional work as Sarah Gold's housekeeper.
- "Kuro" (黒 Kuro, lit. "Black")
- Voiced by: Saori Ōnishi (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- One of the other world's six ancient dragons imbued with death, a power which inadvertently killed every mortal being that happened to cross her path. To avoid killing innocents, she banished herself to the world's shattered moon. By chance, she found the door of the Nekoya appearing in her vicinity, entered the restaurant and, naive to human customs owing to her long isolation, ended up consuming so much chicken curry that her old friend, the "Red Queen", prompted the Master to hire her as a waitress to pay off her food bill. To interact with the staff and patrons, "Kuro" adopts the form of a black-haired elf girl, but communicates via telepathy instead of speaking aloud.
- Daiki Yamagata (山方大樹 Yamagata Daiki) / The Previous Owner (先代店主 Sendai Tenshu)
- Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue
- The now-deceased previous owner of the Nekoya and the current Master's grandfather. He is shown in flashbacks when the Master reflects upon the older customers who became his grandfather's regulars.
- Yomi (ヨミ) / Koyomi Yamagata (山方暦 Yamagata Koyomi)
- Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
- A female warrior from the other world, and a member of the legendary Four Heroes. During their battle with the Demon God over seventy years ago, she fell through an interdimensional wormhole and wound up on Earth, where she married the Owner's grandfather and led the Nekoya with him. Initially, only Altorius, one of her comrades, knew about this secret. According to Altorius, she is still alive on Earth despite her advanced age.
The regular patrons call each other nicknames based on their favorite Nekoya dishes.
- Altorius (アルトリウス Arutoriusu) / "Pork Loin-Cutlet" (ロースカツ Rōsukatsu)
- Voiced by: Motomu Kiyokawa (Japanese); Charlie Campbell (English)
- An elderly sage and magician, and one of the famous Four Heroes of the Eastern Continent. He is responsible for translating the Nekoya main menu entries into his world's language. His former pupil, the half-elf sorceress Victoria (see below), is also a regular at the Nekoya.
- Tatsugorou (タツゴロウ) / "Teriyaki" (テリヤキ)
- Voiced by: Hōchū Ōtsuka (Japanese); John Swasey (English)
- A legendary wandering swordsmaster from the Western Continent's Land of Mountains, which boasts a culture similar to medieval Japan. He is good friends with Altorius, despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that they often end up arguing about which of their respective favorite dishes is better than the other.
- "Red Queen" (『赤の女王』 "Aka no Joō") / "Beef Stew" (ビーフシチュー Bīfu Shichū)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Itō (Japanese); Stephanie Young (English)
- A female shapeshifting red dragon who is over 100,000 years old, and one of the six ancient dragons in the other world. When visiting the restaurant — whose door opens right onto her mountain lair — she adopts the form of a voluptuous, red-haired human woman, with large triangular horns sprouting from her head; to avoid conflict, she arrives only after the other diners have all left. She was already a regular patron in the old owner's time, and because of both her natural avarice and her particular fondness for the Master's beef stew,[a] she considers the Nekoya and its staff her personal "treasure".
- Sarah Gold (サラ・ゴールド Sara Gōrudo) / "Mince Meat Cutlet II" (メンチカツ2世 Menchikatsu Nisei)
- Voiced by: Kiyono Yasuno (Japanese); Caitlin Glass (English)
- Sarah, a resident of the Demon Kingdom, is a member of the influential Gold merchant family and great-grand daughter of the deceased legendary treasure hunter, William Gold. Infected by adventure lust (which is regarded as a curse within her family), she became a professional treasure hunter herself, and following William's descriptions to his personal door to the Nekoya in an abandoned mine, she gets to enjoy the Master's Minced Meat Cutlet, which was William's favorite dish. In the course of her visits to the Nekoya, she also becomes personally close to Heinrich Seeleman.
- Heinrich Seeleman (ハインリヒ・ゼーレマン Hainrihi Zēreman) / "Fried Shrimp" (エビフライ Ebi Furai)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita (Japanese); J. Michael Tatum (English)
- A nobleman from the Eastern Continent's great Duchy of Samanark who is obsessed with fried shrimp, whose taste he has not enjoyed since he left his childhood sea town to become a knight. After having stumbled upon the Nekoya in the course of a vital mission, and after having learned about how to return to this place, he has become an avid consumer of its fried shrimp dish. On the occasions of his visits, he also becomes closely acquainted with the treasure hunter Sarah Gold.
- Alphonse Flügel (アルフォンス・フリューゲル Arufonsu Furyūgeru) / "Curry Rice" (カレーライス Karē Raisu)
- Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki (Japanese); Jeremy Schwartz (English)
- An admiral of the Samanark duchal navy who was shipwrecked by a Kraken attack and stranded on a lonely tropical island for twenty years. On the island, Flügel discovered a door to the Nekoya, which was then still run by the Master's grandfather, and has been sustaining himself on the Master's curry rice. After being rescued, he manages to locate an alternative door to the restaurant (the same one Heinrich used the first time he visited Nekoya) and indulge himself on his favorite dish once more.
- Thomas Alfade (トマス・アルフェイド Tomasu Arufeido) / "Meat Sauce" (ミートソース Mīto Sōsu)
- Voiced by: Yusaku Yara (Japanese); Barry Yandell (English)
- The former owner of a food supplying company in the other world, specializing in pasta dishes, which have become a popular cuisine in his kingdom. His inspiration actually stems from his monthly business interaction with the Nekoya restaurant, whose door opens right into his company's cellar. In turn for the restaurant's Day of Satur income and a free serving of spaghetti with meat sauce, Thomas supplies the Master with exclusive ingredients from the other world in order to adjust his dishes to his Saturday customers' tastes.
- Sirius Alfade (シリウス・アルフェイド Shiriusu Arufeido) / "Naporitan" (ナポリタン)
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono (Japanese); Stephen Fu (English)
- Thomas Alfade's grandson, who is entrusted with his grandfather's secret upon his first visit to Nekoya in order to succeed Thomas as the head of the Alfade Company. Like his grandfather, he has also become quite fond of the Nekoya Meat Sauce Pasta.
- Adelheid (アーデルハイド Āderuhaido) / "Chocolate Parfait" (チョコレートパフェ Chokorēto Pafe)
- Voiced by: Reina Ueda (Japanese); Jeannie Tirado (English)
- The young princess of the Great Empire on the other world's Eastern Continent named after her great-grandmother, who is often sent by her parents to her grandfather's country estate for her health, since she is suffering from an unspecified but uncurable disease known as the "peasant killer disease". Her late grandfather took her to the Nekoya during one of her visits as a young child, during which she came to enjoy the Master's chocolate parfait.
- Wilhelm (ヴィルヘイム Viruheimu) / "Croquette" (コロッケ Korokke)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Naka (Japanese); Bruce Carrey (English)
- The founder and first ruler of the Great Empire. He is also Adelheid's late grandfather, whom he on her last visit before his demise took to the Nekoya to alleviate her loneliness from being away from her family. He was nicknamed after his passion for the restaurant's croquettes.
- Lionel (ライオネル Raioneru) / "Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl" (カツ丼 Katsudon)
- Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese); Jeremy Inman (English)
- One of the old owner's oldest patrons, Lionel is a powerful lion demon warrior from the Demon Kingdom and the former leader of a raider gang who was captured and seemed destined to end his days as a gladiator slave. He was spared this fate when the Nekoya door incidentally appeared right inside his holding cell. After having been strengthened by the food he was served there, he won his freedom in less than a year (a feat never before accomplished) and stayed on as a gladiator champion, ever since returning to partake in the Nekoya's pork cutlet rice bowl dish for the past twenty years.
- Gaganpo (ガガンポ) / "Omelette Rice" (オムライス Omuraisu)
- Voiced by: Makoto Yasumura (Japanese); Tyson Rinehart (English)
- A lizardman hailing from the marshlands of the most southeastern tip of the other world's Eastern Continent. Already an adult at the age of eight years, he is a veteran hunter and warrior among his tribe, the Blue Tails. His tribe was visited by the Nekoya door about thirty years ago; and as a result of its wondrous appearance and the delicious food found on the other side, the site where the door appears is now a sacred spot for the tribe, who sends its worthiest champion through the door every Saturday to bring back some of the restaurant's omelette rice for the tribe to enjoy. As champion, Gaganpo is entitled to eat his own share inside the shop, a luxury that motivates him to consistently be the champion of his tribe.
- Fardania (ファルダニア Farudania)[b]
- Voiced by: Yōko Hikasa (Japanese); Dawn M. Bennett (English)
- A young female wood elf who is a half-orphan and doted on by her constantly worried father. While gathering ingredients for dinner, she discovered the door to the Nekoya, and when the restaurant's usual menu did not appeal to her due to her vegan disposition, the Master created a tofu dish especially for her. After enjoying its taste, she has become very eager to learn all she can about creating culinary delights in order not to let Elven cuisine lose out to humanity's culinary skills.
- Victoria Samanark (ヴィクトリア・サマナーク Vikutoria Samanāku) / "Pudding a la Mode" (プリンアラモード Purin a ra Mōdo)
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura (Japanese); Jad Saxton (English)
- A member of the ancient duchal Samanark family of the Eastern Continent, Victoria manifested a latent half-elven genetic strain running in her family line which rendered her an outcast in human and elven society. Choosing the path of sorcery, she became the star pupil of the sage Altorius and first visited the Nekoya in his company, where she became responsible for writing up the dessert menu. In order to store her stash of take-out pudding, she has invented a magical equivalent for a powered icebox.
- Arte (アルテ Arute) / "Hamburg Steak" (ハンバーグ Hanbāgu)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Suwa (Japanese); Amber Lee Connors (English)
- Arte is a young mermaid from the other world's southern seas, and a priestess of the "blue god" (青の神 Ao no Kami) of the seas (hinted to be "Blue" (青 Ao), one of the other world's six ancient dragons). Thanks to her magic, she is able to change her fins into dragon feet, which enables her to visit the Nekoya.
- Roukei (ロウケイ)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Japanese); Howard Wang (English)
- A young fisherman who was caught by surprise by a storm at sea, but rescued from drowning by Arte. In repayment for his salvation, Arte asked him for some money to pay for her favorite dish at the Nekoya, Hamburg steak. After accompanying her to the restaurant, Roukei has become very fond of both Arte and the hamburg steak himself.
- Guilhem (ギレム Giremu) and Gard (ガルド Gardo)
- Voiced by: Tetsu Inada (Guilhem) and Tomoyuki Shimura (Gard) (Japanese); Bill Jenkins (Gard), Greg Dulcie (Guilhem) (English)
- Guilhem is a dwarf brewer who once happened to stumble upon the Nekoya and developed a passion for its fried seafood and alcoholic beverages. After introducing his friend Gard, a glassmith, to these exotic delicacies, the two of them establish a waystation at the site where the Nekoya door appears, but retain exclusive access to the interdimensional door for themselves.
- Shareef (シャリーフ Sharīfu) / "Coffee Float" (コーヒーフロート Kōhīfurōto)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Tamaru (Japanese); Ricco Fajardo (English)
- The young prince of the Western Continent's magical Land of Sand and a trained sorcerer. He has a crush on Princess Adelheid, which is his prime reason for visiting the Nekoya, but lacks the courage to confess his feelings to her. Due to his fondness for the restaurant's chilled coffee, he and his sister introduced the drink to their nation, where it has become a highly popular treat.
- Renner (ラナー Ranā) / "Cream Soda Float" (クリームソーダ Kurīmusōda)
- Voiced by: Shino Shimoji (Japanese); Elizabeth Maxwell (English)
- Shareef's younger half-sister by a sorceress who married their father and trained them both in the magic arts. She tries to support her brother in pursuing his affections for the Eastern Empire's princess, but is exasperated by his inability to even speak to her face to face. At the Nekoya, she particularly loves the soft serve floats.
- Tiana Silvario XVI (ティアナ・シルバリオ16世 Tiana Shirubario Jūrokusei)
- Voiced by: Yoshino Aoyama (Japanese); Anastasia Muñoz (English)
- She is a Fairy and the Queen of the Land of Flowers. After the Nekoya door appeared in her kingdom, she regularly takes a selected group of her subjects to the restaurant to partake in its fruit crêpes.
- Christian (クリスティアン Kurisutian)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese); Patrick McAlister (English)
- A wood elf and friend of Fardania's father Edmond, Christian is a knowledgeable traveler who, following his own encounter with the Nekoya, has taken an interest in human food preparation techniques and tries to adapt them to the Elven cuisine. He is especially proud of having replicated miso and tofu using Elven beans.
- Arius (アーリウス Āriusu) and Iris (イリス Irisu)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Asai (Arius) and Nao Tōyama (Iris) (Japanese); Mikaela Krantz (Arius) and Bryn Apprill (Iris) (English)
- A mated pair of juvenile Sirens from the Continental Sea between the other world's Eastern and Western Continent. While Arius is knowledgable but shy, Iris is the more vigorous and impulsive of the two. After finding the Nekoya door on the island where Alphonse Flügel was stranded for twenty years, they have settled on the island for their regular visits to the restaurant.
- Alexander (アレクサンデル Arekusanderu)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Micah Solusod (English)
- A womanizing half-elf mercenary and sword-master, and along with Altorius one of the legendary Four Heroes. He's described as being sharp-tongued and overconfident, despite having good intentions. After his exploits ended with the defeat of the Demon God, he spent 70 years as a mercenary performing work on commission. One of these jobs involved capturing Lionel and his band of mercenaries (an action that later required him to stagger his time visiting Nekoya to avoid meeting him). He is also father of Wilhelm, the founder of the Eastern Continent's Empire. Their relationship apparently suffered due to Alexander being absent in his sons' life, being away at war while he grew up and missing the death of his lover. Upon visiting the restaurant and trying his sons' favourite dish, he visits his grave, meeting his great-granddaughter Adelheid (named for her great-grandmother) but deciding not to reveal himself to her.
- Balrog (バルログ Barurogu)
- Voiced by: Masayuki Katō (Japanese); Cris George (English)
- The "Red Queen"'s demonic valet, who resides with her in her mountaintop nest. Despite his appearance, he is incredibly polite and reserved.
- Shia Gold (シア・ゴールド Shia Gōrudo)
- Voiced by: Sumire Morohoshi (Japanese); Felecia Angelle (English)
- Sarah Gold's younger sister who has remained a proper young lady of the upper society, although she cares very much about her older sister and visits her from time to time. While she does not visit the Nekoya personally, she comes to enjoy the cookies the Master has received from an bakery shop acquaintance of his and which were originally served to her by Aletta.
- Edmond (エドモンド Edomondo)
- Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese); Aaron Roberts (English)
- Fardania's father, who lost his wife Matilda when Fardania was still young.
Following the web novel's publication, Shufunotomo acquired the series for print publication. The first light novel volume, with illustrations by Katsumi Enami, was published on February 28, 2015 under their Hero Bunko imprint. As of June 2017, four volumes have been published.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||February 28, 2015||ISBN 978-4-07-411329-3|
|2||July 29, 2015||ISBN 978-4-07-402158-1|
|3||September 30, 2016||ISBN 978-4-07-420009-2|
|4||June 30, 2017||ISBN 978-4-07-426242-7|
A manga adaptation illustrated by Takaaki Kugatsu, launched in Square Enix's Young Gangan magazine. The manga shares the same first chapter about menchikatsu as the original web novel, but the second chapter is different. Crunchyroll began publishing the manga in English beginning on July 2, 2017.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||June 24, 2017||ISBN 978-4-7575-5391-0|
|2||September 25, 2017||ISBN 978-4-7575-5485-6|
The author reported in a September 7, 2016 blog entry on the Shōsetsuka ni Narō website that an anime adaptation project of the light novel series was in the works, later revealed to be an anime television series. The series aired from July 3, 2017 to September 18, 2017 on TV Tokyo, and simulcasted by Crunchyroll. Funimation has licensed the series in North America. Masato Jinbo directed the series and supervised scripts at Silver Link, with Takao Sano and Keiichi Sano adapted the original character designs for animation. The opening theme is "One in a Billion" by Wake Up, May'n, while the ending theme is "Chiisana Hitotsubu" (ちいさなひとつぶ, "A Small Grain") by Kiyono Yasuno.
|No.||Title[c]||Original air date|
"Bīfu Shichū" (ビーフシチュー)
|July 3, 2017|
A Japanese chef runs the Nekoya, a Western-style restaurant that connects to another world one day every week, bringing around all kinds of customers ranging from wizards and warriors to beastmen and dragons. One morning, the owner discovers a homeless demon girl named Aletta had wandered into his restaurant after coming across one of the Nekoya's interdimensional doors. She explains that she had come to the royal capital to make a living as a human, but lost her job after she was discovered to be a demon. After treating her to a staff breakfast, the owner offers Aletta a once-a-week part-time job as a waitress in the Nekoya. Learning about the new addition to the Nekoya's staff, "Red Queen", a dragon lord and regular patron, casts a spell to protect Aletta until her next shift.
|2||"Minced Meat Cutlet"|
"Menchi Katsu" (メンチカツ)
|July 10, 2017|
"Ebi Furai" (エビフライ)
Following the diary entries of her late great grandfather William, treasure hunter Sarah Gold goes searching in an abandoned mine for clues on "The Day of Satur" and discovers a door to the Nekoya. Sarah tries out the daily special, minced meat cutlet, finding it exquisite. In another part of the other world, Tatsugorou visits a knight named Heinrich Seeleman to deliver a sword he had left behind three years ago, when Heinrich first discovered the Nekoya. Having gone through the desert for a day without food, Heinrich was awed by the restaurant's fried shrimp and gave the owner his sword as a collateral for the meal's payment. The energy from the food allowed Heinrich to warn his nation about the need for reinforcement in a territory being attacked by Mothmen, but he was unable to find the Nekoya afterwards. Happy to learn from Tatsugorou that his encounter wasn't a dream, Heinrich once again returns to the Nekoya for another helping of fried shrimp.
|3||"Spaghetti with Meat Sauce"|
"Mīto Sōsu" (ミートソース)
|July 17, 2017|
"Chokorēto Pafe" (チョコレートパフェ)
Thomas Alfade, who has made a successful pasta company in his world, takes his grandson and successor Sirius with him to the Nekoya to do some business. Upon trying the restaurant's spaghetti with meat sauce, Sirius learns that all the pasta and sauces that have made the Alfade company famous are actually mere imitations of the Nekoya's menu. Later, Adelheid, a sickly princess who once went to the Nekoya with her late grandfather Wilheim, once again discovers the door to the Nekoya. There, she tries the "clouds" she had tried as a child, namely a chocolate parfait, filling her with memories of her grandfather.
|July 24, 2017|
"Tōfu Sutēki" (豆腐ステーキ)
Gaganpo, a lizardman of the Blue Tail Tribe, is the chosen hero sent by his tribe to pick up takeaway orders of the Nekoya's omurice, while also enjoying a few dishes for himself. Later, an elf named Fardania, while searching for something delicious for her late mother's anniversary, comes across the Nekoya's door. As Fardania finds nothing on the menu that is suitable for her vegan diet, the owner makes her a tofu steak that is free of any meat or dairy while still remaining very delicious. Wowed by the food, Fardania becomes determined to make even better cuisine than the owner.
|5||"Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl"|
|July 31, 2017|
|"Pudding a la Mode"|
"Purin a ra Mōdo" (プリンアラモード)
The owner tells the story of Lionel, a lion man who was captured by Alexander the half-elf and forced to become a slave in a gladiator arena. One day, the Nekoya's door appeared in Lionel's cell and he met the owner's grandfather, who served him katsudon despite not having any money. Given strength by the katsudon, Lionel became renewed with vigor to fight in the arena in order to earn money to pay off his tab. Later, it is revealed the desserts menu for the Nekoya was written by a half-elf princess named Victoria, who comes to the restaurant for some pudding a la mode.
|August 7, 2017|
|"Steamed Potato With Butter"|
"Jaga Batā" (じゃがバター)
Noticing that Aletta is not too fond of potatoes, as she only really eats them to survive during the week, the owner offers to teach her a good way of preparing them. Meanwhile, Sarah and Heinrich get into an argument about which of their favorite dishes tastes better as a sandwich, which the other customers soon get involved in and escalates into each one of them getting a sandwich of their contradictor's favorite dish. After a busy day of dealing with rush orders of sandwiches, the owner shows Aletta how to make steamed potatoes topped with butter, quickly turning potatoes into her favorite food.
"Karē Raisu" (カレーライス)
|August 14, 2017|
"Chikin Karē" (チキンカレー)
Alphonse Flügel, an admiral of Duchy Samanark, became a regular of the Nekoya while shipwrecked on a remote island for twenty years. Three months after he is rescued, Alphonse manages to find another door to the Nekoya and once again gets to eat his favorite dish, curry rice. Meanwhile, "Kuro", the black dragon of death who had banished herself to the moon to avoid inadvertently killing innocent lives, discovers a door to the Nekoya just as Alphonse is asked to sample the owner's newest dish, chicken curry. As "Kuro" becomes addicted to the chicken curry and orders excessive quantities of it, "Red Queen" informs her that she needs money to pay for food. Thus, "Red Queen" asks the owner to hire "Kuro" as an additional waitress to pay off her accumulated bill.
|August 21, 2017|
"Kukkī Asōto" (クッキーアソート)
A young fisherman named Roukei is rescued by the mermaid Arte, and as repayment for his life Arte asks him to take her out to the Nekoya, where they both come to enjoy the restaurant's Hamburg steaks and each other's company. In the meantime, Aletta finds an additional steady job as a housekeeper at Sarah Gold's residence, where she meets Sarah's younger sister Shia when the latter drops by to look after Sarah. After sampling some exquisite cookies the Master has given Aletta as a present, Shia becomes so enarmored with them that she asks Aletta to bring her more whenever she can.
"Shīfūdo Furai" (シーフードフライ)
|August 28, 2017|
|"Melon Soda Float"|
"Kurīmu Sōda" (クリームソーダ)
A dwarf named Guilhem takes his initially highly sceptical friend Gard to visit the Nekoya for the first time, in order to enjoy several large portions of seafood (an exotic delicacy for mountain-dwellers like them) and alcoholic beverages together. This inspires them to establish a way station for travellers, in which they reside in order to visit the restaurant regularly. The second part of the episode introduces two more Nekoya regulars from the Western Continent's Land of Sand, Prince Shareef and his half-sister Renner. Shareef's primary reason for visiting the restaurant is because he has fallen in love with Adelheid, but is too shy to properly confess his feelings to her.
|September 4, 2017|
"Nattō Supa" (納豆スパ)
One day, the Nekoya's inter-dimensional door appears in the Land of Flowers, a domain inhabited by fairies. Eager to find out what lies beyond, fairy queen Tiana Silvario and a group of her subjects enter the restaurant, where Princess Victoria introduces them to its mixed fruit crêpes; this results in the fairies becoming quite ecstatic about the Nekoya fruit desserts. In the meantime, Fardania seeks out Christian, a friend of her father's, who reveals to her that he has taken an interest in blending human food production into the Elvin way of life after his own visit to the Nekoya ten years ago. They visit the restaurant together, where Christian treats Fardania to a helping of natto spaghetti and Fardania invents a new combination of nattō and rice. After learning that rice also exists on the Western Continent, Fardania decides to embark on a journey in order to expand her culinary horizons.
|September 11, 2017|
"Karē Pan" (カレーパン)
An adolescent Siren, Iris, drags her friend Arius into a daredevil adventure on the very island where Alphonse Flügel was stranded until recently. Following a note Alphonse left behind, they come across the Nekoya door and enter the restaurant, and since they can only eat raw fish, the Master serves them fish carpaccio. Later, the Master prepares a helping of extra curry buns he has received from an acquaintance, which he shares with "Kuro" and Aletta. During the course of the meal, "Kuro" reflects on her usually lonely life and how much it was changed by her work at the Nekoya, and begins to open up to her co-workers by conversing with them verbally.
|September 18, 2017|
For the occasion of Meat Day (二九の日, niku no hi), the Master serves free pork soup with the regular meals, which quickly gains the praise of the guests. At the same time, Alexander the half-elf visits his old friend, the sage Altorius, because he has decided to pay the Nekoya a visit to try out the croquettes which his late son, Emperor Wilhelm, enjoyed so much. He also learns to his surprise that Yomi, his lost comrade-in-arms, was not killed in their battle against the demon god, but wound up on Earth and that the current Master is her grandson, and moved by the sentiment of this occasion, he pays a visit to his family's graves. Upon the conclusion of this special day, the Master treats Aletta and "Kuro" to a special meal as well. In an after-credit scene, the Nekoya door appears anew in a lush grass field, waiting for the next guest to step through.
- Of which she habitually takes a huge pot back with her for a snack, in the first and seventh episode.
- She does not have any nicknames yet due to her rare visits to the Nekoya in the original novel.
- All English episode titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "Anime To Adapt "The Other World Dining Hall ~Isekai Shokudou~"". Crunchyroll. September 7, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Aniplus Asia's Restaurant to Another World Anime Simulcast Premieres July 4". Anime News Network. June 20, 2017. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- "Isekai Shokudō Gourmet Fantasy Light Novels' Author: Anime Is in the Works". ANN. September 7, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Restaurant to Another World Anime Reveals Teaser Video, More Cast, July 3 Premiere". Anime News Network. May 29, 2017. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- "Isekai Shoduko: Characters (異世界食堂: キャラクター)". Isekai Shokudo (official website). Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "Junichi Suwabe, Sumire Uesaka Star in Restaurant to Another World TV Anime". Anime News Network. April 29, 2017. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- "Funimation Reveals Restaurant to Another World Anime's English Dub Cast". Anime News Network. July 19, 2017. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
- "Summer 2017 Simuldub on FunimationNow". Funimation. July 13, 2017.
- "Restaurant to Another World Reveals Promo Video and 5 More Cast Members". Anime News Network. June 17, 2017. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- 異世界食堂. Shōsetsuka ni Narō (in Japanese). Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- 異世界食堂 1 (ヒーロー文庫). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Archived from the original on September 8, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- 異世界食堂 4 (ヒーロー文庫). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- 異世界食堂 2 (ヒーロー文庫). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Archived from the original on September 8, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- 異世界食堂 3 (ヒーロー文庫). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "Crunchyroll to Publish Final Fantasy: Lost Stranger, Knight's & Magic, Restaurant to Another World Manga Simultaneously With Japan". Anime News Network. July 2, 2017. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- 異世界食堂(1) (ヤングガンガンコミックス). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- 異世界食堂(2) (ヤングガンガンコミックス). Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "Isekai Shokudo Gourmet Fantasy Anime Project to Air on TV". Anime News Network. November 18, 2016. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream A Centaur's Life, Classroom of the Elite, Restaurant to Another World, Saiyuki Reload Blast Anime". Anime News Network. June 27, 2017. Retrieved June 27, 2017.
- "Funimation Reveals Summer Simuldub Lineup". Anime News Network. July 2, 2017. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- "Isekai Shokudō TV Anime's Staff, Visual, Summer Premiere Revealed". Anime News Network. April 18, 2017. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "May'n, Wake Up Girls, Kiyono Yasuno Sing Restaurant to Another World Anime's Themes". Anime News Network. May 13, 2017. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- "29th Meat Day". The Japan Society. July 2, 2017. Retrieved September 18, 2017.