Restless (Switchfoot song)
|Single by Switchfoot|
|from the album Vice Verses|
|Length||5:18 (Album version)
4:06 (Radio edit)
|Label||lowercase people/Atlantic/Credential Recordings|
"Restless" is a song written and recorded by the alternative rock band Switchfoot, and a radio single from Vice Verses, their eighth studio album. It served as the album's co-lead single with "Dark Horses".
Lead singer and principal songwriter for the band Jon Foreman wrote the song in Europe, with the intent of "trying to embody the story of the rain," which comes from the idea that raindrops are on a "relentless" journey back to the ocean. "I was thinking about the idea that I'm on a journey myself," he says. "...reaching and searching and longing for more.
The song first made a public appearance in April 2011 when Foreman performed an acoustic rendition live at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was later performed by the full band on May 18th in London, Ontario during a brief Canadian tour.
The official music video for the song debuted on 31 October 2011. It was directed by Tom Aiello.
|Billboard Christian Songs||23|
|Billboard Christian AC||29|
- Restless Video Interview. Sparrow Records. Published July 11, 2011
- Restless - Brand New Song by Jon Foreman. Land of Broken Hearts. Published April 10, 2011
- First Full Band Performance of Restless. Youtube. Archived May 25, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Switchfoot 'Restless' Video Premiere and Exclusive Photo Gallery. AOL Music Blog. Published October 31, 2011
- New Music With Soul. Air1. Published July 18, 2011 (retrieved July 23, 2011)