Reston, Scottish Borders
It is located on the ECML railway line, which runs between London, King's Cross and Edinburgh, Waverley station. Reston was once the location of the railway station and junction between the Berwickshire Railway and the ECML. Both the Berwickshire Railway and station are now closed. There is a campaign to reopen the station so a commuter service to Edinburgh can be run on the ECML. A study published in 2013 proposed that East Linton and Reston stations be reopened.
The A1 (Great North Road) runs to the East of the village.
The current population is about 450.
- List of places in the Scottish Borders
- List of places in East Lothian
- List of places in Midlothian
- List of places in West Lothian
- Scottish Borders Council, Reston Station Archived March 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Renewed hope for Reston Station, Berwickshire News, Feb. 3rd, 2010
- Rail Action Group East of Scotland
- "East coast rail study submitted to transport minister". BBC News. BBC. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reston, Scottish Borders.|
|This Scottish Borders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|