The main street in Reston.
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
It is located on the East Coast Main Line railway, which runs between London King's Cross and Edinburgh Waverley. Reston was once the location of the railway station and junction between the Berwickshire Railway and the ECML. Both the Berwickshire Railway and Reston station closed in the 1960s. However the reopening of Reston station was approved and construction began in March 2021. A study published in 2013 proposed that East Linton and Reston stations be reopened. Reston station re-opened on 23 May 2022 following completion of a £20m redevelopment.
The A1 (Great North Road) runs to the east of the village.
The current population is about 450.
- List of places in the Scottish Borders
- List of places in East Lothian
- List of places in Midlothian
- List of places in West Lothian
- Scottish Borders Council, Reston Station Archived March 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Renewed hope for Reston Station, Berwickshire News, Feb. 3rd, 2010
- Rail Action Group East of Scotland
- "East coast rail study submitted to transport minister". BBC News. BBC. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Reston Station | Scotland's Railway".
- "Reston gets its station back after 58 years". BBC News. 23 May 2022.