Resurrection (1931 English-language film)
|Directed by||Edwin Carewe|
|Produced by||E. M. Asher, Edwin Carewe, Carl Laemmle Jr.|
|Written by||Finis Fox, Leo Tolstoy|
|Music by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Cinematography||Roben Kurrle, Al Green|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Resurrection is a 1931 American Pre-Code English-language adaptation of the Leo Tolstoy novel Resurrection produced by Universal Studios. It was an all-talking version starring John Boles and Lupe Vélez.
It was directed by Edwin Carewe, who had also directed the previous 1927 silent adaptation. A Spanish language version, Resurrección was also made in the same year by Universal Studios. The film starred John Boles as well as Lupe Vélez, who also starred in the Spanish-language version.
The cast list is as follows:
- John Boles as Prince Dmitri Nekhludoff
- Lupe Vélez as Katyusha Maslova
- Rose Tapley as Princess Sophya
- Nance O'Neil as Princess Marya
- William Keighley as Captain Schoenbock
- Michael Mark as Simon Kartinkin – Innkeeper
- Sylvia Nadina as Simon's Wife
- George Irving as Judge
- Edward Cecil as Smelkoff the Merchant
- Mary Forman as Beautiful Exile
- Grace Cunard as Olga
- Dorothy Flood as Princess Hasan
- Michelle Vogel (14 December 2012). Lupe Vélez: The Life and Career of Hollywood’s "Mexican Spitfire". McFarland. p. 186. ISBN 978-0-7864-8997-8.
|This 1930s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|