Resurrection Remix OS
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Written in||C (core), C++ (some third party libraries), Java (UI)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Marketing target||Firmware replacement for Android mobile devices|
|Update method||Over-the-air (OTA), ROM flashing|
|Package manager||APK or Google Play Store (if installed)|
Resurrection Remix OS, known as RR in short, is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. UX Designer and Head developer Altan KRK started the Project in 2012.
On February 9 2018, Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 was released, based on Android 8.1 Oreo after months in development. In early 2019 Resurrection Remix 7.0.0, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 were released, based on Android 9 Pie.
Reviews and studies
A DroidViews review of Resurrection Remix OS called it "feature packed," and complimented the large online community, updates, and customization options, as compared with the simplicity of Lineage OS. ZDNet stated Resurrection Remix OS was a custom ROM that could evade SafetyNet exclusions and display Netflix app in Play Store.
Resurrection Remix OS was one of a few operating systems mentioned as Android upgrade options in Upcycled Technology. Resurrection Remix OS was one of a handful of operating systems supported by the OpenKirin development team for bringing pure Android to Huawei devices, and was one of two suggested for OnePlus 5.
In a study of phone sensors, Resurrection Remix OS was one of six Android Operating Systems used on two Xiaomi devices, to compare gyroscope, accelerometer, orientation and light sensor data to values recorded by very accurate, reference sensors.
- Lenovo ZUK Z2[plus]
- Sony Xperia Z
- Sony Xperia ZL
- "Resurrection Remix OS". www.resurrectionremix.com. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Wadhwa, Lalit (2019-01-20). "Android Pie based Resurrection Remix now available for OnePlus 3, POCO F1, Redmi Note 5 Pro, and more". Beetel Bite - Technology News, Smartphone Reviews, Latest Gadgets. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Resurrection Remix ROM Review - One of the Most Feature-Packed ROMs". DroidViews. 2017-05-06. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Mai 2017, von Stefan Beiersmann am 22; Uhr, 11:40 (2017-05-22). "Google Play: API ermöglicht Ausschluss gerooteter Geräte". ZDNet.de (in German). Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Davis, Daniel (2019-03-31). Upcycled Technology: Clever Projects You Can Do With Your Discarded Tech. Mango Media Inc. ISBN 9781633539105.
- Nešović, Marko (2018-07-14). "OpenKirin platforma donosi čist Android na Huawei telefone". PC Press. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "OpenKirin brings vanilla Android experience to your Huawei/Honor device". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Hate EMUI? Get stock Android on your Huawei/Honor phone with OpenKirin". Android Authority. 2018-06-22. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "OnePlus 5: Android-Systeme Freedom OS und Resurrection Remix ausprobiert". CURVED (in German). Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Dobrowolski, Mateusz; et al. (2017). "Analysis of the use of sensors in mobile devices with modified operating systems" (PDF). Journal of Computer Sciences Institute, Lublin University of Technology. 5: 56–62. Explicit use of et al. in:
- Prakash, Swayam (15 October 2017). "Download Resurrection Remix Pie: List of Supported Device (Android 9.0/8.1)". Get Droid Tips. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Siddiqui, Aamir (19 January 2019). "Resurrection Remix 7 based on Android Pie is here for the OnePlus 3, POCO F1, Redmi Note 5 Pro, and more". XDA Developers. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
|This operating-system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|