|Founders||Gary Vaynerchuk, Ben Leventhal, Michael Montero|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Products||Restaurant reservation app|
Resy is an American technology and media company that provides an app and back-end management software for restaurant reservations. In partnership with Instagram, Airbnb, Facebook, and Google, the app serves over 4,000 restaurants in over 200 cities with reservations predominantly in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and London.
Resy was co-founded in 2014 by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com, Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist, and social-media entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk. In January 2017 the company raised $13 million from Airbnb, First Data Corporation and earlier investors RSE Ventures and Lerer Hippeau Ventures. In October 2017, Resy acquired Servy, a next-generation mystery shopping, private feedback, and market research platform for restaurants. In April 2018, Resy enabled participating restaurants to list their properties on Airbnb through Resy’s booking system and also acquired ClubKviar, a restaurant-booking platform in Spain.
In 2018, Resy acquired its competitor, Reserve, a reservation app launched by Uber co-founder Garrett Camp’s incubator, Expa. In 2019, American Express acquired Resy and integrated it into its own mobile app as an offering for some rewards card members. As of 2019, Resy handles 2.6 million diners per week.
- "How Resy is using editorial content to differentiate". Digiday. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy Acquires Reserve, in the Fierce Tussle Over Restaurant Reservations". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Airbnb now lets you book restaurant reservations in the US". The Verge. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Airbnb invests in restaurant reservation app Resy". TechCrunch. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy in serious talks with potential buyer, Recode reports". Restaurant Dive. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy's Ben Leventhal and Gary Vaynerchuk on Their New Reservations App". Eater.com. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Airbnb leads $13 million investment into restaurant booking service Resy". VentureBeat. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy Acquires Servy". Resy. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy Announces International Expansion and New Tech Updates for Restaurants". Skift. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Resy Acquires Reserve, the Other Non-OpenTable Restaurant Reservation System". Eater.com. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "American Express Buys Restaurant-Reservation Platform Resy". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "American Express has acquired reservation platform Resy". Fast Company. Retrieved 24 December 2019.