Peruvian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alvaro Delgado-Aparicio|
|Produced by||Enid Campos|
|Written by||Alvaro Delgado-Aparicio, Hector Galvez|
|Starring||Junior Bejar Roca|
|Music by||Harry Escott|
|Edited by||Eric Williams|
Catch of the Day Films (Summerhill Lights)
Retablo is a 2017 drama film directed by Alvaro Delgado-Aparicio. The film is an international production with the participation of Peru, Germany and Norway. The cast also includes Magaly Solier as Anatolia, Segundo's mother and Noé's wife. Delgado-Aparicio's full-length directorial debut, the film is written and acted in Ayacucho Quechua.
The film follows Segundo (Junior Bejar Roca), a young boy in Ayacucho in rural Peru whose father Noé (Amiel Cayo) is training him in the family tradition of designing and building religious retablos, but whose secret shatters Segundo's world and everything he believes in.
The film premiered at the 2017 Festival de Cine de Lima, where it won the award for Best Peruvian Film. It had its international premiere at the 2018 Berlin International Film Festival, where it won a Teddy Award as the best LGBTQ-themed debut film of the festival. Winner in the category 'Fiction' at the 2019 Havana Film Festival New York.
- List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film
- List of Peruvian submissions for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film
- "Retablo, el peso de la herencia". La República, August 13, 2017.
- "Lima Festival: L.A.-Based Sound Company E Squared Backs Alvaro Delgado-Aparicio’s ‘Retablo’". Variety, August 10, 2016.
- De Pablos, Emiliano (August 10, 2016). "Lima Festival: L.A.-Based Sound Company E Squared Backs Alvaro Delgado-Aparicio’s ‘Retablo’". Variety.
- "First trailer for 'Retablo'; Heretic Outreach launches EFM sales". Screendaily, February 16, 2018.
- "Berlinale 2018: protagonistas de "Retablo" se reunirán en Berlín este fin de semana". RPP Noticias, February 17, 2018.
- "Berlin: 'Hard Paint' Wins Teddy Award for Best LGBTQ Feature". The Hollywood Reporter, 23 February 2018.
- ""Retablo" fue elegida como la candidata peruana a los premios Oscar y Goya 2020". RPP. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Mango, Agustin. "Oscars: Peru Selects 'Retablo' for International Feature Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
|This article related to a Peruvian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|