From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Retard)
|Look up retardation or retarded in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Retardation is the act or result of delaying; the extent to which anything is retarded or delayed; that which retards or delays.
Retardation or retarded may refer to:
- Retardation (music), a suspension that resolves upward instead of downward
- "Retarded" (song), a 1990 single by the band The Afghan Whigs
Medicine and biology
- Mental retardation, also known as intellectual disability, a disorder characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in adaptive behaviors
- Psychomotor retardation, a slowing-down of thought and a reduction of physical movements in an individual
- Neoteny, retention by adults of traits previously seen only in the young
Physics and engineering
- Retardation factor, in chromatography, the fraction of an analyte in the mobile phase of a chromatographic system
- Retarded potential, in electrodynamics, electromagnetic potentials generated by time-varying electric current or charge distributions in the past
- Retarded time, time when an electromagnetic field began to propagate from a point in a charge distribution to an observer
- Retardation time
- A process used in proofing (baking technique)
- Retard (pejorative), a pejorative term for someone with a mental disability
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Retardation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.