Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up retardation or retarded in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Retardation is the act or result of delaying; the extent to which anything is retarded or delayed; that which retards or delays.
Retardation or retarded may refer to:
Medicine and biology
- Mental retardation, also known as intellectual disability, a disorder characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in adaptive behaviors
- Psychomotor retardation, a slowing-down of thought and a reduction of physical movements in an individual
- A form of heterochrony, able to cause effects such as neoteny, retention by adults of traits previously seen only in the young
Physics and engineering
- Retardation factor, in chromatography, the fraction of an analyte in the mobile phase of a chromatographic system
- Retarded potential, in electrodynamics, electromagnetic potentials generated by time-varying electric current or charge distributions in the past
- Retarded time, time when an electromagnetic field began to propagate from a point in a charge distribution to an observer
- Retardation time
- Retardation (music), a suspension that resolves upward instead of downward
- "Retarded" (song), a 1990 single by the band The Afghan Whigs
- A process used in proofing (baking technique)
- Retard (pejorative), a pejorative term for someone with a mental disability
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Retardation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.