From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Retarder may refer to:
- Retarder (album), an album by The Unband
- Retarder (chemistry), a chemical agent that slows down a chemical reaction
- Retarder (mechanical engineering), a device for slowing down large trucks, lorries, buses, coaches and other vehicles
- Retarder (railroad), a device to slow railroad freight cars as they are sorted into trains
- Acrylic retarder, a chemical agent added to fine art acrylic paint to slow its short drying time
- Dough retarder, a refrigerator used to slow down proofing of yeast when making dough
- Retardation plate, an optical device that alters the polarization state of a light wave traveling through it
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Retarder.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.