Retired Enlisted Association
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||8 February 1963|
|Founders||George Skonce and Dean Sorell|
The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA) is a non-profit organization of the United States. Its mission is to enhance the quality of life for uniformed services enlisted personnel of the United States, their families and survivors - including active components, Reserves, and National Guard, and all retirees.
TREA was founded by retired Master Sergeants George Skonce and Dean Sorell. Together with other retired enlisted personnel they met at the Ent Air Force Base Non-Commissioned Officers' Club in Colorado Springs, Colorado to form The Retired Enlisted Association on February 18, 1963. Today the organization has 65 active chapters in the United States.
TREA is incorporated in Colorado and has a congressional charter under Title 36 of the United States Code. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors (BOD) elected by the general membership. Any enlisted person, retired from an active or reserve component of the United States armed forces, either for length of service or permanent medical disability is eligible for membership.
- Diedrich, John (7 August 1998). "Retired enlisted group will honor founders - Headquarters renamed for two local veterans". The Gazette. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- Pearce, Kelly (4 May 1997). "Veterans group looking for young ideas". The Gazette. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- Walsh, Paul (27 December 2018). "Court orders veterans fundraiser to shut down, pay Minnesota groups $400,000". Star Tribune. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- Maze, Rick (11 March 2002). "Lawmaker wants to revoke TREA charter over fund-raising flap". Air Force Times. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- Philpott, Tom (September 2001). "Points of Interest: Lawmakers Blast Enlisted Group for "Bilking" Seniors". Proceedings. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- Potter, Leslie (5 June 2002). "Marshall brought scone recipe from trip to England". Hays Daily News. Archived from the original on 5 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- Schiller, Nicole E. (2008). "Examining Veterans' Interest Groups: Understanding Success Through Interest Group Ratings". Res Publica. Illinois Wesleyan University. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.570.9227.
- Chadwell, Samantha (26 October 2018). "Honor Their Service: The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)". KNBN. Archived from the original on 6 July 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|