Return of the Queen Tour
|Tour by Lil' Kim|
Tour poster that was featured at Emo's
|Associated album||Black Friday|
|Start date||May 17, 2012|
|End date||September 21, 2012|
|No. of shows||22|
|Lil' Kim concert chronology|
Return Of The Queen Tour is a headlining tour by American rapper Lil' Kim. The tour, her first since 2010, was launched in support of her promotional singles and to mark her return to the music scene. The tour was first announced in April, 2012. In May, 2012, it was announced that Kim would return to South Africa for 3 dates starting in September. It would mark her second time performing there following her 2011 performance at ZARfest. However, in July, 2012, the company responsible for organising the shows, Hunnypot Entertainment, announced that the dates had been cancelled.
In total there were 22 shows all around North America. The tour grossed $100,000.
After the release of her first promotional single, "If You Love Me" in February, 2012, Kim returned to the spotlight with a performance on Rip the Runway, as well as appearances on MTV's RapFix and Sucka Free. On April 22, the first 11 dates of the tour were announced, with the remaining dates added the following month. She announced the tour via Twitter, saying "#TeamLilKim I can't stay on long. Got 2 get back 2 the Studio. Love U guys & can't wait to see U on the Tour !!!!" 
The tour bus Kim used was designed, printed & installed in less than 30 hours.
Opening Acts & Special Guests
- Drita D’Avanzo from Mob Wives (Hosting Bronx show)
- Eve, Kelly Rowland, Juelz Santana, Missy Elliott, Mr. Cheeks, Pepa, Cassidy, Fred The Godson, Papoose, Saigon, Babs Bunny, Somaya Reece, Will Traxx, (Some performed with Kim, while some were there to support, Bronx show only)
- Tiff Gabana (Albany show only)
- Lynguistic Civilians (Vermont show only)
- Shawnna (Illinois show only)
- DJ Todd & Nick Fury (Columbus show only)
- Naima Adedapo (Milwaukee show only)
- DJ Green (Minneapolis show only)
- Erica P (Cincinnati show only)
- R-Shell, Fieldhouse, Shannon Marie & Prototype XX (Nebraska show only)
- Lil' Mama, Apollonia, Natalie Nunn, Somaya Reece (Factory, Hollywood show, support only)
- MicahTron, Ill Camille, Ginger & Ms. Be, hosted by Somaya Reece (San Francisco show only)
- Da Brat, City High, Natalie Nunn, Malaysia Pargo & Laura Govan from Basketball Wives: LA, Shaunie O'Neal, Toni Monroe, Guyana, The Lady of Rage, Kurupt. (Key Club, Hollywood show)
Although an official setlist for the show was never released, songs performed on the tour included
- "Queen Bitch"
- "Black Friday"
- "Not Tonight (Remix)"
- "The Jump Off" / "Mo Money Mo Problems"
- "How Many Licks?"
- "Get Money" / "Gettin' Money (The Get Money Remix)"
- "It's All About the Benjamins"
- "Quiet Storm (Remix)"
- "Lighters Up"
- "Let It Go"
- "Big Momma Thang"
- "Magic Stick"
- "Empire State of Mind"
- "Not Tonight"
- "Crush On You"
- "Lady Marmalade"
- "Keys To The City"
- During the May 18th show at Paradise Theater, Kim brought out Drita D'Avanzo from the show Mob Wives, who rapped Kims verse from "It's All About the Benjamins". Kim also danced alongside Will Traxxx as he performed "Footwork" and brought out Eve and Missy Elliott who performed "Hot Boyz".
- During the May 25th show at Club Adrianna's, Kim brought out Shawnna who performed "Gettin' Some".
- During the May 27th show in Milwaukee, Kim paid tribute to The Notorious B.I.G., whose birthday was earlier that month, by performing his song "One More Chance". She also paid tribute to Lisa Lopes, whose birthday was that day, by playing her verse during the performance of the "Not Tonight" remix.
- After the June 8th performance at LA Pride, Kim was awarded the Key to the City of Los Angeles by West Hollywood Mayor, Jeffrey Prang.
- During the June 13th show at Key Club, Da Brat joined Kim on stage for the Not Tonight (Remix). Kim also brought out The Lady of Rage who performed her song Afro Puffs with Kim. She also brought out hip hop group City High who performed "What Would You Do?". Kim also paid tribute to Michael Jackson, performing the dance routines to his songs "Bad" and "Billie Jean". She also brought out Kurupt who performed "Xxplosive".
|May 17, 2012||Connecticut||United States||Toad's Place|
|May 18, 2012||Bronx, New York||Paradise Theater|
|May 19, 2012||Albany, New York||Northern Lights|
|May 22, 2012||Burlington, Vermont||Higher Ground (Ballroom)|
|May 25, 2012||Markham, Illinois||Club Adrianna's|
|May 26, 2012||Columbus, Ohio||Alrosa Villa|
|May 27, 2012||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||Riverside Theater|
|May 29, 2012||Minneapolis||Fine Line Music Cafe|
|June 1, 2012||Cincinnati, Ohio||Bogart's|
|June 4, 2012||Lincoln, Nebraska||Bourbon Theatre|
|June 8, 2012||Los Angeles||The Factory & ULTRA SUEDE|
|June 9, 2012||Los Angeles||LA Pride|
|June 11, 2012||San Francisco||Mezzanine|
|June 13, 2012||Hollywood||Key Club|
|June 14, 2012||San Luis Obispo, California||Slo Brewing Company|
|June 15, 2012||Phoenix, Arizona||Celebrity Theatre|
|June 17, 2012||Flagstaff, Arizona||Orpheum Theater|
|June 19, 2012||Austin, Texas||Emo's East|
|June 20, 2012||Pensacola, Florida||Vinyl Music Hall|
|June 21, 2012||New Orleans||Harrah's Casino|
|June 23, 2012||Kansas City||Harrah's Casino|
|September 21, 2012||Washington, D.C.||Love|
- Cancellations and rescheduled shows
- May 13, Pensacola, FL show at Vinyl Musical Hall was changed to June 20.
- May 17, Austin, TX show at Emo's was moved to June 19.
- June 2, Detroit show at The Fillmore was canceled.
- June 8, Agoura Hills show was canceled due to fire hazzards.
- June 16, Las Vegas show at Planet Hollywood was canceled.
- June 22, Hammond, IN show at Horseshoe Hammond was canceled.
- June 24, Washington, D.C. show at Ibiza's Nightclub was canceled and changed to September 21 at Love Nighclub.
- September, 6th-8th shows in South Africa were canceled.
The tour received positive reviews.
Billboard gave positive review for the second show of the tour, stating "As one of her few hometown shows since a sparsely attended gig at Irving Plaza in June 2010, Lil' Kim proved that she can still sting" though noted "Despite several awkward pauses where she vanished backstage, the Brooklyn native carried the show, working the enraptured audience with a live band in tow."  Rashaud Thomas of NBC New York praised the tour, commenting "From the minute she took the stage, the Queens Bee had her court in a trance, rapping along to every one of her hits... After last night’s performance it’s safe to say she’s on the right track." 
MTV also gave a good review about the show, saying "Female MCs, take note: The Queen wants her throne back."  The Source also wrote an article, saying "Putting to rest the thought that women in Hip-Hop just can't get along, Kim confirmed that she's already got a record in the bag with Eve and Missy and is still working on her documentary and book." Bene Viera from VH1 praised Kim's performance, commenting "The pint-sized beauty’s performance proved one thing–not that anything needed proving–a legend is a legend. The Queen Bee’s return has arrived, and the fans haven’t gone anywhere. Bow down to the throne." while Ernest Hardy of the Los Angeles Times added "[...] the thing that really girds Kim’s voice and persona is a genuine sweetness that humanizes a steely persona."
- "Lil' Kim Announces 'Return of the Queen' Tour". Rap-Up. 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Lil' Kim Set To Perform in SA in September". Rolling Stone. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Lil' Kim cancelled". Hunnypot Entertainment. Archived from the original on July 27, 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Lil' Kim Performs Medley on 'Rip the Runway'". Rap-Up.com. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Lil Kim And French Montana Stop By 'RapFix Live'". Rapfix.mtv.com. 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- April 26, 2012 - Lil' Kim Twitter
- "Lil Kim Brings Out Missy Elliott, Eve For NYC Show". Billboard.com. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Thomas, Rashaud (2012-05-22). "Lil' Kim Returns to Reclaim Her Crown". NBC New York. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Lil Kim Taps Missy Elliott, Eve For Ladies' Night On 'Return Of The Queen' Tour". Rapfix.mtv.com. 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Lil Kim's "Return of the Queen" Tour Touches Down In NYC". The Source. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "CONCERT REVIEW: Lil Kim Brings Out Eve And Missy As She Reclaims Her Throne At Paradise Theater – VH1 Tuner". Vh1.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Live: Lil Kim good, not quite great at Key Club". LA Times blog. 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2012-06-28.