|Date of birth:||October 3, 1958|
|Place of birth:||Santa Monica, California|
|College:||Oklahoma State/San Diego State|
|NFL draft:||1981 / Round: 6 / Pick: 150|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Games played - started:||46 - 23|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Reuben Stanley Henderson, D.O. (born October 3, 1958 in Santa Monica, California) is a former professional American football player who played cornerback for four seasons for the Chicago Bears and the San Diego Chargers. He is now an osteopathic physician.
Reuben Henderson was born in Santa Monica, California. He attended Fontana High School in Fontana, California, graduating in 1976. He then attended Oklahoma State University and San Diego State University.
After a standout career at Fontana High School, culminating in a CIF championship game in 1976, Henderson then joined the football program at Oklahoma State University. He later finished his college football career at San Diego State University. Henderson was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 6th round in 1981. He played two years in Chicago, before being traded to the San Diego Chargers. After two years with the Chargers, Henderson retired from professional football.
After his professional football career ended in 1984, Henderson enrolled in the osteopathic medicine program at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he graduated "best clinical student" in the class of 1993 with a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree. He currently operates a private practice in Lansing, Michigan.
- "Reuben Henderson Past Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards". databaseFootball.com. 1958-10-03. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Cowboy Football - Cowboys in the NFL - Oklahoma State Official Athletic Site". Okstate.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- Hickok, Ralph (2009-02-18). "History - 1981 NFL Draft". HickokSports.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Fitting sendoff for Tyree". DailyBulletin.com. 2006-06-16. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "SpineMEDÂ® Seminar Speaker Bios - CERT Health Sciences, LLC". Spinemed.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|