Wu performing at The Metro, Chicago, IL in April 2009.
|Born||September 6, 1975|
|Genres||Electronic, synthpop, new wave|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, DJ, photographer, industrial designer|
|Associated acts||Ladytron, Electric Six|
|Minimoog Voyager, Korg MS-10, Korg MS2000B|
Reuben Wu (born 1975) is a British musician and member of the electronic band Ladytron. His role in the band is keyboardist, songwriter and producer. He is also an accomplished photographer and a DJ.
Wu grew up in North West England. He's a classically trained violinist. Wu trained in Industrial Design at Sheffield Hallam University. He graduated in 1997 and finished his MSc in 1998 at University of Liverpool before working as an industrial designer for Team Consulting in Cambridge until going full-time with the band in 2002. Wu drew the cover of the UK edition of Ladytron's first album 604.
Wu continues to DJ internationally, including tours around North America and South East Asia.
Wu played live the following instruments for the band:
- Korg MS-10, Roland SH-2 (604 tour);
- Korg MS-10, microKorg (Light & Magic tour);
- Korg MS-10, Korg MS2000B (Witching Hour tour);
- Korg MS-10, Korg MS2000B, Minimoog Voyager (Velocifero tour);
- Minimoog Voyager (Best of 00-10 and Gravity the Seducer tours).
- "Made up in China". The Times (News International). 2005-01-01. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- "SVALBARD 12 inch version By Reuben Wu". Blurb.com. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Wright, Jade (2008-04-25). "Ladytron’s tour de force". Liverpool Echo. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Designer Downtime". Core77.com. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Zodiac [9/28] – CD". Best Buy. Best Buy.
- "Artist Details". Korg. Retrieved 2013-03-19.