Reuel or Raguel (Hebrew: רְעוּאֵל, Modern Re'u'el, Tiberian Rəʻûʼēl ; "Friend of El") meaning "friend of God" or "one who is intimate with God", is a Hebrew name associated with several Biblical and/or religious figures.
Biblical persons with this name are:
- Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, also called "Reuel" (Exodus 2:18; Numbers 10:29).
- A son of Esau. Father of Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah(Genesis 36:4,10; 1 Chronicles 1:35)
- A Gadite (Numbers 2:14), called also Deuel (Hebrew: דְּעוּאֵל, Modern Dəʻuʼel, Tiberian Dəʻûʼēl) (Numbers 1:14; 7:42); the father of the Gadite prince Eliasaph.
- A Benjamite. (1 Chronicles 9:7-8)
- Father-in-law of Tobias (Tobit 7:1-15)
- John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (1892–1973), English writer
- Christopher Reuel Tolkien, author and son of the above